axle shafted

-

3Darts

Reaction score
I am sorta new to fabo it is a challenge to navigate the website i am sure the more i use it the better i will get. I have been searching the axle shaft web sites for a simple way to order 8.75 large pattern axles with 2x10 inch brakes. the 7.25 has served me well and i am itching for a 323 gear set. i have the housing the pumpkin i just want to order axles and make sure they are right. my down time is limited to spring break week to get it set up. any recommendations of whom to call ? strange yukon ect.
Thanks
3Darts

I am sorta new to fabo it is a challenge to navigate the website i am sure the more i use it the better i will get. I have been searching the axle shaft web sites for a simple way to order 8.75 large pattern axles with 2x10 inch brakes. the 7.25 has served me well and i am itching for a 323 gear set. i have the housing the pumpkin i just want to order axles and make sure they are right. my down time is limited to spring break week to get it set up. any recommendations of whom to call ? strange yukon ect.
Thanks
3Darts

http://www.doctordiff.com/

You can talk to Cass (the owner) directly. He knows this mopar rear end and brake stuff extremely well and he has great prices. He is well recommended.

Do you have large bolt 5 on 4.5" backing plates, drums, and hardware? The small bolt stuff will not transfer over.

Agree with Doctor Diff.....make sure to talk to him about backing plates...if you want to go to 5 x 4.5 on an A body....you need the correct back plates for the offset to be correct.

i have the large pattern axles all the brakes will transfer from thew 7.25 rear end. in fact i had it all bolted in and found out my used aftermarket axles were for the narrow 1.75 x10 brakes. i had to pull it out and go get another 7.25 from local wrecking yard. i had the 250 for the new drive shaft but not for new custom axles. i tried different backing plates an 8.75 with 10x2.50 inch brakes off a b van i thought i had it sewed up but they were identical to my 7.25 a body 10x2.5 backing plates so i have 2 sets now.
Thank you Bill

sorry I did not get back to you sooner thank you so much for the info. Dr Diff knew Exactly what I was talking about so I will order his shafts for my car :)

-
Back