Axles

-
The 8.25 use C clips. The 8.75 uses tapered bearings. Most 8.25 are 27 spline, some were 29 spline. 8.75 are 30 spline. So, that would be a no.

This brings up an interesting point. Has anyone ever published any kind of an interchangeability manual for Mopars? I have never seen one. It would certainly come in handy.

Emailed Cass at Dr Diff and asked about these axles. Axle Pkg Stock Length Mopar 5X4 1/2" Bolt Pattern (pair) $298.00 Doctor Diff high-strength, 30 or 35 spline axle package. Question, are theses axles sufficient for 500+ HP?
His responce was, "I don't recommend ANY 30 spline axle for 500 hp if you drive the car hard, especially with a manual transmission. That is why NO manufacturer will warranty a 30 spline axle against twisting/breakage (Mark Williams, Strange, Moser, Currie etc...). 35 spline axles with a spool are fine, though."
Does any one have any experience with this product? I have read, even on thos forum that a stock 8.75 rear end could handle 500HP. and these are high strength axles. What are your opinons.

Emailed Cass at Dr Diff and asked about these axles. Axle Pkg Stock Length Mopar 5X4 1/2" Bolt Pattern (pair) $298.00 Doctor Diff high-strength, 30 or 35 spline axle package. Question, are theses axles sufficient for 500+ HP?
His responce was, "I don't recommend ANY 30 spline axle for 500 hp if you drive the car hard, especially with a manual transmission. That is why NO manufacturer will warranty a 30 spline axle against twisting/breakage (Mark Williams, Strange, Moser, Currie etc...). 35 spline axles with a spool are fine, though."
Does any one have any experience with this product? I have read, even on thos forum that a stock 8.75 rear end could handle 500HP. and these are high strength axles. What are your opinons.

I don't really know the answer to your question for sure but you might get better responses starting a thread in the Transmission & Drivetrain sub-forum.

This brings up an interesting point. Has anyone ever published any kind of an interchangeability manual for Mopars? I have never seen one. It would certainly come in handy.
I'd hate to see how thick that book would be. There'd have to be multiple printings.

500hp on street tires versus big sticky tires is a big difference on how long parts hold up. Weight is a factor too

personally I'd listen to and believe what doctor diff says.

-
Back