B 17 Crash

-

DustyDuster

Imfamous member
Reaction score
I just heard that a Collings Foundation B-17 crashed upon landing at Bradley Airport, Hartford CT. Three people were taken to the hospital, no further details at this time.

Confirmed. Nine-oh-nine is a complete loss.

Wow, holy s#*t.
I took a flight in that aircraft a few years ago, when it was here in Sacramento, making it's rounds on the circuit.

Sad to say, it used to be this one.

B-17 065.jpg

B-17 004 [640x480].jpg

Last edited:
That is too bad . I toured one as well... not sure which one though.

Well, at least they were using it, and it died doing what it was built for, instead of the B29 Kee Bird disaster that was entirely 100%, preventable, careless, idiocy.

Well, at least they were using it, and it died doing what it was built for, instead of the B29 Kee Bird disaster that was entirely 100%, preventable, careless, idiocy.
???????????

???????????

Kee Bird got stranded in, I think, Iceland, and sat there till the '90's. They flew up new engines, and did a bunch of work to it, got it running and were getting it ready to fly off the ice. As it was taxi'ing, they spilled a can of fuel in the aft of the plane (it was running an APU) and burnt the plane to the ground.

Kee Bird got stranded in, I think, Iceland, and sat there till the '90's. They flew up new engines, and did a bunch of work to it, got it running and were getting it ready to fly off the ice. As it was taxi'ing, they spilled a can of fuel in the aft of the plane (it was running an APU) and burnt the plane to the ground.

Greenland. Kee Bird - Wikipedia

Lost another WW2 veteran and legend and flight crew that maintained her.:(:(:usflag:

This is just terrible. Irreplaceable loss. So sad.

:(:( Update 3pm from WTIC:

13 people on the plane. 2 injured/killed on ground.

At least seven confirmed fatalities.

Six patients were sent to Hartford Hospital; Two were transferred the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Unit.

Last edited:
I read in Norwegian media that they got trouble already at take off, and then tried to land it.

No idea if that is true or not.

Bill

-
Back