B body owner checking out A body info

-

Sixpack70

Reaction score
I am on FABO with the same screen name. I decided to pop over here and learn more about the A bodies.

Welcome to FABO, you're going to have fun here.
Careful, you may find out things about A-bodies that might make you put your B-body up for sale so you can "move up" to an A-body, lol! Seriously, we love all Mopars here. Great people, so ask away on whatever you want to know.

Way back in the early '70s I used to love taking on heavier B-bodies in the local "street light drags" with my '69 340 Dart Swinger here in SoCal. My lightweight A-body with a quick-revving smallblock could always jump out in front of the heavier cars and the races were never long enough to allow the big-blocks to get into their higher horsepower advantage on the top end. Not exactly rocket science but so many guys could never figure that out.

I am on FABO with the same screen name. I decided to pop over here and learn more about the A bodies.

Welcome.........

As a long time former B Body owner, what do you want to know?

First thing I found out; it's a P.I.A. to get a big inch Hemi to fit in the engine bay.

sscuda
:glasses7:

Well, it's not so much questions I have. I just want to read and learn about A bodies as I want to own one in the near future. If this 72 Dart I found doesn't work out then I know I will eventually look for another one. I've been checking craigslist for an A body sitting around that looked like a good deal for a while.

I've always been an A body Barracuda fan. A friend of the family had a nice slant six powered Barracuda, my friends grandma had had two formula s's rotting in her yard which was sad. I told him we should just drag them out and take them to his garage to work on, but he said his grandma wouldn't like that too well.

People in bigger cars should never underestimate a small block A body. It could hurt your feelings!

Welcome aboard Sixpack70 :cheers:
Jump on in and enjoy the great tec's and folks we have here.
These early A body 2.800 lb cars don't need a big block :D
but many here have them. There is a few here doing there best to talk me into putting a small block in my 66 sedan to do some :burnout:
I think less is more in some situations :happy1:

Attachments

• Challenger%2520IN%2520NASCAR%2520Cup%2520race%2520017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 140
Back in the late 80's early 90's I embarrassed a few B bodies with my 70 340 Duster. Now that I have a 416 powered Formula S I would love the opportunity to go back and show them something. I think B bodies (and E bodies) are awesome looking cars but A bodies are where the quick cars are!

Not my personal experience, but videos and stories. My Charger could get beat by a kid on a big wheels the way it sits right now. I watch a lot of videos on youtube.

:wav: Welcome. Your avatar says located in ma. On Fbbo saw something about tx. Not prying but if you're ma local just wanted to say nice to find some more locals. AKA another masshole. :D

-
Back