B.C. members...chime in!!!

-
Mike...Chris is right...it OFFICIALLY ended last night, BUT, as long as the weather holds, there will be lots of cars there.

Hey, if you decide to come down one more time, let me know, bring those axles, and I'll pay you for them.

Sounds good. I'm thinking of going down this upcoming weekend, and I'll bring those axles.

Last night at Francelli's was first class. An excellent showing from the hot rod community on the island. Hats off to the organizers and those who attented.Hope the nasty rumor isn't true, but somehow doesn't seem surprising. Lets take a great thing and f*^(k it up.:banghead:

Bob...did you have your Dart there? If so, I must have missed it.

Yes, definitely a great turn-out.

Hope the nasty rumor isn't true,

I'd heard the place was just sold...to a chef, and he was going to offer different foods next year...more than just burgers.

Take care!....

To all you Vancouver Island members, I've started a Mopar club. There was a previous club run out of Victoria but they've long since shut down.

West Coast Mopars, you can find us on Facebook or go to the forum, westcoastmopars.proboards.com

Feel free to send me a PM as well.

Registration is $20/year. We have an annual car show, last year was the first one and it was a major hit. Lots of vendors and sponsors so far!

Hi everyone, Greg here up in Smithers. I moved here from Edmonton 3 years ago (chasing a woman!), brought my M-code Dart, my 72 Valiant and my 70 Dodge pickup with me. My 69 Dart convertible is still in the mother-in-laws garage in Edmonton, a buddy is hauling it and a 67 Valiant 2-door out for me this summer. I'm going to be building a 40x48 shop this summer to play with my junk and put floor pans and rockers into my wife's own 70 pickup.

Just wanted to say hi and get this thread started again.

Hi everyone, Greg here up in Smithers. I moved here from Edmonton 3 years ago (chasing a woman!), brought my M-code Dart, my 72 Valiant and my 70 Dodge pickup with me. My 69 Dart convertible is still in the mother-in-laws garage in Edmonton, a buddy is hauling it and a 67 Valiant 2-door out for me this summer. I'm going to be building a 40x48 shop this summer to play with my junk and put floor pans and rockers into my wife's own 70 pickup.

Just wanted to say hi and get this thread started again.
Welcome Greg would love to see your M code dart if you could ever have a chance to get over to VanCouver Island that would be awesome

IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

The M-code was originally A4 silver, still original paint on the firewall, floors and door jams, with no stripe. The inner fenders were cut for fenderwell headers, I replaced them when i got the car so they are in red primer. The lady that raced it in the 80s painted it red. The Valiant is my fun car daily driver with a 318 Magnum and 3-speed stick on the floor and 50,000 original miles.
I would love to get out to the island with them but it's a 12 hour drive to Van from here, plus the ferry ride!

Nice cars! Welcome to BC.

You could take the overnight ferry (or it might be during the day depending on the season) from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy! Saves the long drive and turns it into a long sail.

My parents took that one coming this way a couple of years ago after visiting relatives in Campbell River, it was an overnighter coming this way but I'm not sure about Rupert to Hardy. I'm a bit embarrassed about being such a newbie in these parts but I haven't been more than an hour west of Smithers in my life! We drove the Valiant up the Kispiox valley to go camping 2 years ago, that's as far west as I've been. My wife tells me that her favorite drive is the road from Terrace to Rupert, an amazing road on the cliff overlooking the ocean.

From nanaimo, 1974 dart sport on a rotisserie right now with a 340 ready to be assembled. Anyone know of a cheap place to have body work done on the island?

From nanaimo, 1974 dart sport on a rotisserie right now with a 340 ready to be assembled. Anyone know of a cheap place to have body work done on the island?

Careful, since you almost always get what you pay for, cheap bodywork almost never means quality bodywork. If you're not interested in quality bodywork, take it to a chain shop like Craftsman or Kirmac since they don't do a great job on regular ICBC repairs. They might not want to touch non-ICBC jobs though since they operate on the volume model. If they do agree to work on your Dart they will also get it done pretty quickly since they won't want it taking up space in the shop. If the chain shops turn you down, then ask one of those "one off" shops that has a picture of a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini on their signage. You know the shop that's on a corner lot that has changed owners frequently over the past several years? They usually have one legitimate body man and then many relatives who are "apprenticing". They will be able to do the work cheaply as well but it won't be a great job.

Careful, since you almost always get what you pay for, cheap bodywork almost never means quality bodywork. If you're not interested in quality bodywork, take it to a chain shop like Craftsman or Kirmac since they don't do a great job on regular ICBC repairs. They might not want to touch non-ICBC jobs though since they operate on the volume model. If they do agree to work on your Dart they will also get it done pretty quickly since they won't want it taking up space in the shop. If the chain shops turn you down, then ask one of those "one off" shops that has a picture of a Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini on their signage. You know the shop that's on a corner lot that has changed owners frequently over the past several years? They usually have one legitimate body man and then many relatives who are "apprenticing". They will be able to do the work cheaply as well but it won't be a great job.
Thanks for the reply. I got quoted 7g just for body work from someone around here. Keep in mind my quarters don't need to be done and the only spots I have that are bad are the trunk, passenger side tail light mount, loonie size hole just behind the rear glass and the metal where the passenger side fender mounts too. I'm not looking for a a+ show quality Job since my plan is to drive the car. I just want it straight enough to lay down single stage put it back together and drive it.

Thanks for the reply. I got quoted 7g just for body work from someone around here. Keep in mind my quarters don't need to be done and the only spots I have that are bad are the trunk, passenger side tail light mount, loonie size hole just behind the rear glass and the metal where the passenger side fender mounts too. I'm not looking for a a+ show quality Job since my plan is to drive the car. I just want it straight enough to lay down single stage put it back together and drive it.

I know of a guy in Cobble Hill who might fit the bill,I'll try and find out if he's interested in taking on that kind of job.

I'm up in near Parksville and know a couple guys who do very nice work and it's affordable. I can do it too, but I'm working a ton and it'll just end up sitting and waiting.

-
Back