B.C. members...chime in!!!

-
Here's a video I took of Sergio's Duster last time I was at Francelli's. Ignore the comment about Duster's ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDz4rnw_18c"]1970 Plymouth Duster Blown Hemi - YouTube[/ame]

I guess i qualify here.
I was born and raised in Cranbrook, B.C. and lived there for 39 years.
I now live in Lethbridge, Alberta (about 180 miles away) for the last 10 years, but i still have the majority of my cars and parts still in Cranbrook on an acreage that i still own with my brothers. I go back and visit every month or so...
Tom.
Looks like you got a bit of a collection there.

Looks like you got a bit of a collection there.

Yeah, i kinda got carried away in the '80s/early'90s!
I sell a few cars and parts off every year.....

Attachments

• PB030036.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 71 340 duster02.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 267
  • PB030034.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 245
  • PB030031.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 241
  • PB030042.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 240
  • PB030038.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 240
  • PB250111.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 251
  • PB030014.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 255
Bob, aka "newby"...it was great meeting you (and your significant other) tonite @ Francelli's. You have a beautiful GTS there.

Always a treat to meet new local members, and Mopar nuts in general!

Take care. Hope to meet up again!

Bob, aka "newby"...it was great meeting you (and your significant other) tonite @ Francelli's. You have a beautiful GTS there.

Always a treat to meet new local members, and Mopar nuts in general!

Take care. Hope to meet up again!
Likewise Darwin, really looking forward to seeing your car after paint, I'm sure it'll be awesome. keep in touch we'll see ya soon. Cheers

Yeah good meeting you too, the car will be fine once I finish de-Wille Wankering it ,I've already built a tranny and the rear end is in the works ,I just have to order a new circuit board for the dash and everything he buggered up will be redone right ,while I,m at it I'm going to re-ring the old 318 and build a second 904 so I have a spare complete drivetrain till I find a clean roller notchback LOL

Yeah good meeting you too, the car will be fine once I finish de-Wille Wankering it ,I've already built a tranny and the rear end is in the works ,I just have to order a new circuit board for the dash and everything he buggered up will be redone right ,while I,m at it I'm going to re-ring the old 318 and build a second 904 so I have a spare complete drivetrain till I find a clean roller notchback LOL
Is the 904 the trans you're doing now,thought they were weaker than the 727?

Is the 904 the trans you're doing now,thought they were weaker than the 727?
they have a smaller and lighter internal mass which means they waste less power to spin than the 727 depending on who you want to believe it can work out to about 5% less lost power , plus the 904 is built with either a bolt-in or riveted sprag from the factory which is the serious weak point in the 727 -the press fit sprags can come apart and lead to serious failures see the thread in the transmission forum on this-. The guys at TCS Products in Langley sell billet steel or billet alum front drums with a higher snap ring groove to handle 5 heavy red frictions or 6 stock frictions along with a billet alum 24 spring return module and an alum piston which when used with their complete race rebuild kit gives you a 904 that can handle the 1400hp their Comp Eliminator car puts out , Way more power than anything I'm going to make with my stroker but still 5% of 519hp/524tq is21hp/21tq at the rear wheels with the price of adding rwhp why waste what you've got ? I think I paid 7or 8 hundred for everything and did the swap in a couple of hours { the 904 was a healthy working tranny to begin with} ,it was so easy it will make you sick to think what you paid in the past for some clown to do it for you .there's a series of videos on youtube for both the 727 and the 904 that details exactly what to do and the tricks for doing some things that the manual's don't show well worth the time to watch one day when your bored eh lol

PS if your stuck on the 727 than by all means send me your old working 904 , I would love to build another to go with the 318 I took out of the car , and watch for my add coming to Used Vic and Craiglist soon if you want to buy the 727 I'm taking out ,you'll know it's me when you see the Title LOL

they have a smaller and lighter internal mass which means they waste less power to spin than the 727 depending on who you want to believe it can work out to about 5% less lost power , plus the 904 is built with either a bolt-in or riveted sprag from the factory which is the serious weak point in the 727 -the press fit sprags can come apart and lead to serious failures see the thread in the transmission forum on this-. The guys at TCS Products in Langley sell billet steel or billet alum front drums with a higher snap ring groove to handle 5 heavy red frictions or 6 stock frictions along with a billet alum 24 spring return module and an alum piston which when used with their complete race rebuild kit gives you a 904 that can handle the 1400hp their Comp Eliminator car puts out , Way more power than anything I'm going to make with my stroker but still 5% of 519hp/524tq is21hp/21tq at the rear wheels with the price of adding rwhp why waste what you've got ? I think I paid 7or 8 hundred for everything and did the swap in a couple of hours { the 904 was a healthy working tranny to begin with} ,it was so easy it will make you sick to think what you paid in the past for some clown to do it for you .there's a series of videos on youtube for both the 727 and the 904 that details exactly what to do and the tricks for doing some things that the manual's don't show well worth the time to watch one day when your bored eh lol

PS if your stuck on the 727 than by all means send me your old working 904 , I would love to build another to go with the 318 I took out of the car , and watch for my add coming to Used Vic and Craiglist soon if you want to buy the 727 I'm taking out ,you'll know it's me when you see the Title LOL
Well your favorite tranny guy swore up and down that the 727 was the only way to go, so thats what we did 1500.00 bucks later. The 904 was working fine but the test drive was so short lived that I can't really compare but now you've perked my interest!

The 904 needs the upgrades I mentioned but go through the stickies at the top of the tranny forum ,and make your own judgement ,personally I failed to follow my own advice and got raped for a ton of cash ,but thanks to my FABO family I am now doing more for myself ,Victoria is a small old boys town and I'm not from here so I should have known better-that does'ny justify Peter Willie being a thief

Noticed in your profile you're a carpenter. You your own company or do you work for someone? As for Peter gotta pay for that race program somehow. Guess I better start the 904 rebuild so I'm ready when mine pukes. As for a small town, that it is, you're either in or out and if your in you better keep your mouth shut and don't make waves if you wanna stay in!:wack:

I work for the largest Union company in town { on the island for that matter if you believe the work safe BC figures } doing side jobs isn't my thing anymore , as for the rest of it I try not to think about that ahole anymore I have the satisfaction of knowing I've saved several people from getting done by him and how much doe's it cost to be the slowest car in your class him and his race program are a joke he's almost a full second slower than the Hemi Shoot-out crowd and his car usually falls apart so lets not talk about him any more and move on to happier thoughts , your 727 should last a long time ,how much power are you putting through it ? and how much driving do you do ? I drive my car a lot and the poor set-up on my rear end probably hasn't helped the life span of mine any ,all of these things will be fixed before spring and the car will go back to Moparfest only this time it will be driven back , thanks to all the help I get from these guys here who aren't selfish with their time and knowledge I can get anything I need .

Wasn't inquiring for side work, I myself am also a finish carpenter. Just getting at the fact most trades guys are used to helping themselves in order to make things happen, so when you pay another trade there's alot of expectation there. But you're right lets move on. I'm about 315 at the back wheels and I try to drive the car every day while the weather is nice. We've put 1300 miles on her since the second week of August. My winter tasks are going to be rectifying sporatic gauges, and going through the manual steering box and column to see if it can be tightened up a bit.

Haney, BC

68 dart, 408 stroker, minni tubbed, 500+hp.... up for sale 25k ;)

dart-2.jpg

Sounds like your having fun with it, and thats what counts eh ! That sporadic gauge thing is a real pain ,mine the battery gauge always works but the oil and/or the temp gauge work most of the time but then the fuel gauge stops working or the fuel gauge works and the other 2 don't , or the fuel and temp don't work and the oil reads high , lol never a dull moment , I think I'm going to start from scratch and hide new gauges in the glove box along with a stereo of some sort at least that way I can maintain my stock dash

Francelli's officially ended last night I think but as long as the weather holds guys will still be going there just won't be a barbeque and I heard a nasty rumour that the mall is putting an end to the grill for good ,some of the other stores are trying to shut us down completely , they don't grasp the concept of encouraging people to come instead of alienating potential customers-maybe I'll see you there before the weather turns

Does anyone know when the Francelli's cruise in's stop happening? I'd like to get one more in this month if its still up and running.

Mike...Chris is right...it OFFICIALLY ended last night, BUT, as long as the weather holds, there will be lots of cars there.

Hey, if you decide to come down one more time, let me know, bring those axles, and I'll pay you for them.

-
Back