B.C. members...chime in!!!

-
Jimmy From Vancouver, 74 Swinger 318. Also I own Lotus Land Tattoo in Kits so come on buy and mention this thread I'll give you a free Mopar Tattoo! (Valid BC ID required!)

Hello Everyone.

I am new to the board. Looks like you all have some great Mopars and a very friendly board. I live in a suburb of Atlanta, GA. I hear your area is beautiful.

Let me first say that I do not have an A-Body. I have an E-Body. The reason I tell you this is that I am hoping you all can help me with the history of my car. It came from the Penicton / Hedley / Okanagan Falls area. It seems like you all are from this area. I am trying to find someone that knows about it. It is a 1971 Cuda, 383, white with black billboards. I have a little of the history, but not much. It sat up on blocks i at a house in an Indian reservation in Hedley for years until Robin Smith painted it for a shop class back around 1990. Familiar to anyone? I really appreciate any and all help.

Tim

Wish I could help you out on that one Tim. I've lived in the area for 12 years now but I can't say I ever saw that car around. Granted, I've only been into Mopars for a couple of years now (GM guy) but if I had seen it I would have remembered it.

Good luck and welcome to FABO.8)

Don't count me out for info yet Tim. I have a few ideas of some guys that have been around here a lot longer than me so I'll put the word out for you. Anything in particular you looking for as far as history of your car goes?

P.S. I may have even met this Robin Smith guy. I think I did some tile work (I install ceramic tile for a living) for someone with that name about 10 years ago. Send me a PM with what you're looking to find, if you like.

Regards
Red

Thanks a lot for the help. Actually Robin Smith was a female! She took an autobody class and bought the Cuda for the project - just a used car back then you know. It was at Okanagan College. I think her husband / boyfriends name was Brian Forth. Both of their names are on some of the receipts I have (all around Penicton and Okanagan Falls).

I would like to get in touch with them and ask some questions and hopefully get more information on who they bought it from and then hopefully back to the original owner from there. Supposedley it originally went to a Chinese guy in Greenwood or Grand Forks I was told.

As you see, I have a lot of questions and a lot to sort out. Again, thanks for any help.

Tim, I'll see what I can find out for you on my end. Although I was not here when your car was, I know a few people around here that were. No promises on results but I'll try. Ya never know what might come up. ;)

Welcome to the site Bruce. When the weather gets better I'm thinking of taking the Valiant on a trip through the interior, maybe I'll stop by and say hi if you're up for it.

if anyone wants to go for a cruise to the interior when the weather gets better let me know id be down for sure.im in the lower mainland so i could meet you on your way

if anyone wants to go for a cruise to the interior when the weather gets better let me know id be down for sure.im in the lower mainland so i could meet you on your way

I'm definitely down for that 74dodge, as long as you are ok traveling with a beat up Valiant ;) I don't think the dart will be ready by then.

thanks for the welcome guys....i did join two years ago but i seldom
post or even log in....great site . i find it to be a great source of helpful tips and great entertainment.
i live in north kamloops...very close to westsyde.

ive always wanted to do a cruise up to shuswap if some of the island guys are down i could meet them when then get off the ferry and then you could meet us on the way up would be a good cruise

Hey,
Landon from Abbotsford.
Im in for a cruise, in spring/summer time.
I dont have a A body right now, although I have a 74' Roadrunner.
afaw.jpg

Hi guys i hang out on here once in a while lots of good people and info.

I got my 66 fish and a 65 Polara 880 Convertible (Canadain Only Model)

Attachments

• hazet 416.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 266
  • hazet 418.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 267
Hi everyone:

has anyone heard of Glen Stein at K&K Iron Works in Squamish? I am thinking of trading him my 67 Belvedere for some work on my 72 Dart. All opinions/experiences, good or bad, will be very much appreciated.

Here is the ad out of Kijiji:

K&K Iron Works is located in Squamish, B.C. We offer full on auto, and truck repairs. Vintage to current dates. Computer controlled vehicles. We are also a Custom Car and truck facility. Complete restorations. If you're getting tired of 85 plus an hour to keep your ride rolling, give us a call anytime. We do alot of contract work instead of hourly to prevent any surprises to our clientele. Licenced Auto Technician. Certified Welder/Fabricator.

Thanks
shovhd

-
Back