B+M auto Shifters

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
Well I took the old girl out today to blow the carbon out of her (as if) and ran into some shifter problems. The demon has a B+M quick silver rachet shifter in it and when I selected park I got reverse and drive I got neutral. I got to badmouthing B+M until I got under her and noticed that the shifter cable was resting against the header so I pulled the cable and low and behold it's screwed. The covering melted off and the wire braid that retrains the cable wasn't so I went and bought a new one and everythings fine now.

The moral to this story is make sure there ain't no wires or cables anywhere close to them headers or pipes. :burnout:

Oh, I've been reading the threads concerning rear ends. I've never thought something as mundane as a rear could generate so much emotion. My rear used to generate emotion but I'm 50 now. The way I see it, run it till ya break it then go bigger.

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

on this topic i would like to add that when using B&M shifters or other shifters using a cable, make sure the cable runs free and dont need to bend to tight around something a few weeks back a guy i know had to leave a walk over in a bigmoney streetrace cup because of a cable that broke because it was bent to tight at one spot and that cable was just aboput two years old...
it may happen anytime

ill keep that in mind when i install my hurst shifter.. when or way back when you bought your B&M do you ever remember looking at the hurst promatic 2 shifter?
do you expect it to be a good shifter and why did you go with the on eyou have now..

and thanks for the interest in my thread.. in your suttle way.. hehe :wav:

Cerwin said:
ill keep that in mind when i install my hurst shifter.. when or way back when you bought your B&M do you ever remember looking at the hurst promatic 2 shifter?
do you expect it to be a good shifter and why did you go with the on eyou have now..

and thanks for the interest in my thread.. in your suttle way.. hehe :wav:

Hey not problem Cerwin, The main reason I bought the quick silver is that it's got a low enough profile that I incorporated it into my existing console, fits real nice. It was a crap shoot since this is my first auto and A body but I heard good things about them and since the Demon is a weekender the B+M would have to be a real piece of junk if it only lasted a few years. All my mopars till now have been B Bodies-440's-4 speeds and **9 3/4" Dana's*** nudge nudge. :thumleft:

-
Back