B&m flexplate 10236 for 904?

-
I just put a 904 behind my 360 and it a vibration so i read this form and bought the 10239 b&m flexplate and now I'm having bad vibrations and a clunking noise and am at a big loss if i cant get it figured out
Well.. is it a stock externally balanced 360 (LA) or magnum 360? They're balanced differently. Could be harmonic balancer as well. The more info you have the easier to figure the culprit. Also if you have the 904 the 10239 is meant to use the stock 318 converter which is neutral balance - no weights.

Well.. is it a stock externally balanced 360 (LA) or magnum 360? They're balanced differently. Could be harmonic balancer as well. The more info you have the easier to figure the culprit. Also if you have the 904 the 10239 is meant to use the stock 318 converter which is neutral balance - no weights.
It had a 727 in it to begin with but it was slipping so I found a good 904 with torque converter, the converter does have some small weights on the side just behind the ring gear and it's an L.A. 360

Those weights might be whats causing the vibration.

I would, neither of my neutral balance converters have weights on them. Worse case scenario makes it worse and you find someone to put them back on. lol

Weights on converter and neutral flexplate or neutral converter and B&M plate with the cut-out (or older version with weight on it.)

does anyone know the stall specs with using the felxplate and stock 318 converter behind the 360?
If you can give me more information I may be able to help. Need to know the year of the transmission and the year of the engine. There are a number of converters used, and stall speeds vary.

Does the converter have weights on it? With that flexplate no weights on converter.
Do you have the correct balancer/damper?

Weights on converter and neutral flexplate or neutral converter and B&M plate with the cut-out (or older version with weight on it.)

received_478371709178233.jpeg

So knock them off?
The weights on the side of the converter aren't an issue and shouldn't be removed. If it had one or more weights on the engine side of the converter then you've got an issue. The weights when on the side of the converter are to balance " the converter", and have nothing to do with engine balance. All converters must be balanced.
What engine did the 904 have in front of it, a 318 or a 360?
My guess is the 318, as the 318 has no weights on the engine side, while a 360 will could have either two small rectangular weights, or a large triangular weight welded to the engine side.

The weights on the side of the converter aren't an issue and shouldn't be removed. If it had one or more weights on the engine side of the converter then you've got an issue. The weights when on the side of the converter are to balance " the converter", and have nothing to do with engine balance. All converters must be balanced.
What engine did the 904 have in front of it, a 318 or a 360?
My guess is the 318, as the 318 has no weights on the engine side, while a 360 will could have either two small rectangular weights, or a large triangular weight welded to the engine side.
Took the weights off and fixed the vibration issue thank you everybody

-
Back