B or RB in A body

-
20190212_162109.jpg

70 Dart, 440, PS

There is about 1/4” difference in width per side on a RB to a B. If you want cubic inches and a little better clearance, I would use a Stroked 400, so you have to do less machine work. A stroked 383 will work fine but you spend extra money for machine work. There’s lots of options now a days. You can use an RMS Coil Over K-Member, or similar, and use whatever kind of Headers you want.

I have a set of those hedmans on my road runner. Changing the starter is quite an ordeal, and that is in a car they were supposedly designed for. Many have used them in A bodys but I never will. Save up and buy something that fits, life is too short.

Also wondering if you think the Hooker Super Competition headers would fit, as I have a set of those. THANKS

Yes they fit well with the B engine. The issue is that even a 24" skinny drag tire rubbed on mine. Tire clearance is the biggest complaint about the Hookers. They look really cool though.
DSC_3004.JPG

I like the Schumacher headers, They fit great and fastest I have gone with them was 11.37s.

IMG_6373.jpg

race2 md 001 (2).jpg

-
Back