Back after a while.

-

WTruo

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while. So after being released from work, brief unemployment stint who am I kidding I took half the year off lol.

The D150 has been on hold because in July I drove 15hrs one way to Sturgis, SD to pick up this!

20200708_212824.jpg

1965 Buick Lesabre w/ 300 2 speed ST auto.

20201011_181801.jpg

I've already done some mods and its where I want it to be at for now.

So it's back to finishing up the Dodge.

Last edited:
Surprising that a car that size has only a 300 cu, those super turbine transmissions are pretty sweet. Car looks really clean and straight, nice find.

Welcome back! Cool car I like that!

Thank you!

love the way it sits, that thing's got attitude

Its on air shocks for now. I'm playing with ride height till I decide on what I like. Also checking for clearances for future mods hint wink wink.

Always liked Buicks! Nice ride.

Thank you!

Surprising that a car that size has only a 300 cu, those super turbine transmissions are pretty sweet. Car looks really clean and straight, nice find.

Yea, its got a 2bbl too. But I like the way it moves for now. Spoiler alert its eventually going to be replaced. And the Buick guys on another forum don't like that idea lol.

Buddy had a 66 or 67 Skylark with a 340 and the ST trans, had lots of fun in that car.

Hell yea brother!

Basic rundown of the mods to the Buick.

-Front disc brake conversion.
-Rear upper and lower ridetech trailing arms.
(Rear sway bar on back order)
-Rear Air shocks
-Oil, Coolant, Battery gauges.
-7 circuit fuse block.
-Line lock
-Flowtech 2 inch mufflers.

And I was going to install a foot print gas pedal but it won't work with my pedal. So I settled with growing a mullet instead.

Most of this was done while I was stuck at the house for 3 weeks from getting covid.

Last edited:
Basic rundown of the mods to the Buick.

-Front disc brake conversion.
-Rear upper and lower ridetech trialing arms.
(Rear sway bar on back order)
-Rear Air shocks
-Oil, Coolant, Battery gauges.
-7 circuit fuse block.
-Line lock
-Flowtech 2 inch mufflers.

And I was going to install a foot print gas pedal but it won't work with my pedal. So I settled with growing a mullet instead.

Most of this was done while I was stuck at the house for 3 weeks from getting covid.
Shoot, if there's a muscle car in it, I wish I'd get the covid

Didn't Buicks rate their motors in torque? Ie. 421 was a 421 ft/lb motor? They always seemed to have huge tires on them and smallish carbs.

Nice. I had a '66 Buick Special with the 300 V8 and 2 speed auto. Great runner!

Buick guys tend to be even more brand loyal and purist than Mopar I think.

Hell yea they do! Some of the purist look down on disc brake conversions. Even when you use stock parts.

I'm not sure what's more blasphemous between sbc or ls swap talk. Both touch nerves and I do it for the laughs.

Liking the mods you've done, especially the brakes and suspension.

Thanks, im planning on rebuilding the front end plus a quick ratio steering box next.

I have the kits to replace the window seals. I'm taking it in to a upholstery shop for that.

Got any pics?
Boy, it's been a while... It wasn't anything "special"... LOL Just a 4 door. I actually had two of them. The other was a V6 with 3 on the tree. It beat my brothers '73 impala with a 350 in it :D The Specials were just a smaller version of what you have...

Hell yea they do! Some of the purist look down on disc brake conversions. Even when you use stock parts.

I'm not sure what's more blasphemous between sbc or ls swap talk. Both touch nerves and I do it for the laughs.
so what is going in there?

i seem to remember buick build some bass street cars back in the day...mach III and what not

not to mention their mislabeling the 401 as a 400 to get passed GM edicts that said "no engine over 400 in a midsize car"

Boy, it's been a while... It wasn't anything "special"... LOL Just a 4 door. I actually had two of them. The other was a V6 with 3 on the tree. It beat my brothers '73 impala with a 350 in it :D The Specials were just a smaller version of what you have...

Ok, gotcha!

The old nail head Buick motors have gobs of torque, we ran one in our drag boat back in the late 60s/early 70s.

-
Back