Back after a while.

-
so what is going in there?

i seem to remember buick build some bass street cars back in the day...mach III and what not

not to mention their mislabeling the 401 as a 400 to get passed GM edicts that said "no engine over 400 in a midsize car"

I'm going LS, yea everybody says its boring, overdone ect ect. But for an average Joe like me who makes a decent living you just can't beat the horsepower to dollar ratio they are capable of. They said my car is going to be an Impala if I do it. I said the day I pull the engine is the day I'll gladly rip off the Lesabre emblems and stomp them into a mud hole. Then slap on some Bowties and Impala emblems. That really stirred them up lol.

The purist say im killing the car, taking its identity away. But hell I can't afford to pay for Buick parts that are in low production by 1 or 2 companies who want an arm and a leg for them. Not to mention actual production time that only starts after a minimum order has been filled.

Makes sense to me
And they are all GMs anyways

I find your choice a lot better then a certain other member who put a jap engine in a dart

Makes sense to me
And they are all GMs anyways

I find your choice a lot better then a certain other member who put a jap engine in a dart

Thats how I see it too. But they call the LS a corporate engine not a true Buick design. Which their right but who cares? I just want to hot rod.

When was the last time Buick build its own engine?

Good luck finding a 455 nowadays

When was the last time Buick build its own engine?

Good luck finding a 455 nowadays

And thats the other thing too. Apparently it takes almost the same amount of work to swap in a LS as it is to swap in a BBB. Mines a little easier since I don't have a/c.

My engine?
Dunno the last Buick engine to use cast rods (maybe 300?) but I always thought that was about as bad as 9.5" drums on a GTO. Neither seem to slow them down though...literally.

-
Back