Back at It

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
Got the wheels, tires, caps and rear done. Found Vallejo water color Port Stone at the hobby store that matched the color of the Dart. Scratchbuilt fuel cell, coil overs and partial 4 link.

DSCN2082.JPG

DSCN2085.JPG

DSCN2080.JPG

DSCN2086.JPG

DSCN2089.JPG

Made a little more progress on the Dart. Had to make some mods to the interior to clear the tubs: remove back seat, make new rear firewall and package tray and trim the door panels. Opted for a 440-6 from the Monogram Superbird kit that fit like a glove cept lost hood clearance. Cut a hole in the hood for clearance and fab’d a hemi scoop. Debating if I should remove the hood bulges.

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Got the wheels and caps from Scenes Unlimited (item W22) however, I don't see them listed on their web site anymore. They were 3D printed and I wrapped w/bare metal foil then detailed them.

Got the wheels and caps from Scenes Unlimited (item W22) however, I don't see them listed on their web site anymore. They were 3D printed and I wrapped w/bare metal foil then detailed them.

Great job on the Dart, really like the wheel combo,we have some pretty talented builders here i see.

I didn't like the bulges on the hood w/the Hemi scoop so I dremel'd them off and filled w/model bondo. One more application and a final sand and it should be good to go.

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Did a little interior work. Detailed the door panels w/BMF and Chrome Paint Pen; cut the console shifter hole for the 4 speed and fabricated a roll cage.

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Haven't had much time lately but I made some progress on the interior. Got the roll cage, seats and Pro-Tech seat belts installed over the weekend. Got the steering column, steering wheel and 5" tach detailed. Hope to finish up the interior this week and move on to the next.

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Haven't had much time lately but I made some progress on the interior. Got the roll cage, seats and Pro-Tech seat belts installed over the weekend. Got the steering column, steering wheel and 5" tach detailed. Hope to finish up the interior this week and move on to the next.

View attachment 1715883790

View attachment 1715883791

View attachment 1715883792

Ive only built a handful of models but when I try to do any body work it ends up looking absolutely terrible. You are an artist with these things.

Had a little time this weekend to finish up the interior and start on the headers. I found a cool link below on how to make the headers. I used .062” solder drilled 4 holes into the heads to countersink the solder. The heatshrink at the end is temporary to hold the solder together. Heatshrink will still be used but need to figure out the collectors. Next is the left side.

Building Headers. By Brent

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Did you test fit the engine with the header in the chassis? Nice work on the header. :thumbsup: I bookmarked that page on building them. Might come in handy.

-
Back