Back from Hawaii

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Went back to the island for a few weeks to attend my nephews grad party and visit with friends and family. Also to try and clear out some of my crap in the garage. Only got to sell a set of x heads and a pair of buckets seats. I decided to ship my Duster since no one in Hawaii seems to have the money buy it or knows what a H-code Duster is. So the day before I left I spent about 6 hours putting the steering column in, dropping in the motor and trans, hanging the fenders and assembling the rest of the front end. Just didn't get the front bumper on cause I couldn't find the bolts and I didn't want to put the shark tooth grill on till I shipped it. So now I'm going back to Hawaii in September to put it on the boat and try to clear out the garage a little more. I'm kinda happy that it will be up here with me, now I can work on it while I find someone who can appreciate a H-code Duster. Who knows, I just might decide to keep it once its here. Whats a few more years since I've owned for over 20 yrs already.

Always nice to go home Craig, even for just a little while. I think that you should put the Duster back together once you get it to the desert. What better place to have one than where they don't rust.

Jack

Always nice to go home Craig, even for just a little while. I think that you should put the Duster back together once you get it to the desert. What better place to have one than where they don't rust.

Jack

I was thinking about that, it would be fun to run this thing around the desert. Would be a blast to run it in the Silver State Classic :mrgreen:

Thats going to be a very expensive ride!

Thats the reason why it didn't get shipped before, but now there's another shipping company the services Hawaii beside Matson. They only chrage an extra $150 if the car is not running. So it will be around $1300 to get it to the west coast. Thats cheaper than finding another 340 Duster up here. Before it would have costed me over $5000 to get it up here.

Glad you had a good trip back to the island, Craig. Always good to see family and friends.
What's the time frame on shipping from Hawaii to the mainland? Just curious because I sold the bench seat out of my Dart to a FABO member in New Zealand and he said he doesn't expect to see it for 4 months.

Welcome back to the continental US. I'm not sure I'd have left Hawaii though LOL :)

Post some pics of your car when you get a chance. I'm sure you have a camera :colors:

$5000, Holy Crap!!!!!! Can you say "RAPE".

Jack

Thats why it didn't get to Vegas sooner.

Glad you had a good trip back to the island, Craig. Always good to see family and friends.
What's the time frame on shipping from Hawaii to the mainland? Just curious because I sold the bench seat out of my Dart to a FABO member in New Zealand and he said he doesn't expect to see it for 4 months.

Once it gets dropped off at the docks, should only take a couple of weeks to get to Cali. It only takes the ships about a week to make it across the "pond".

Good to here you had a nice time. Be nice to see you get that thing together and go cruising.

Thats the initial plan :mrgreen:

Say it ain't so!!
sorry to see you go

I've been in Vegas for about six years now, but make it back to the island at least once a year. But the Duster is finally going to make it over....unless someone actually buys it before I take it to the dock.

If i lived in Hawaii i would own jet ski's, boats, bikes and forget all about cars, lol

There's alot of that going on too, but cars are big in Hawaii.

Welcome back to the continental US. I'm not sure I'd have left Hawaii though LOL :)

Post some pics of your car when you get a chance. I'm sure you have a camera :colors:

Camera?????? I think I may have one :mrgreen: I've always liked to travel and be able to take off and go somewhere......on an island you always end up where you started. It's nice for a couple of weeks then I start to feel "caged" in.

thinking about moving myself, getting tired of exorbitant shipping costs, terrible roads, backwards local government, high cost of living, etc. etc.
..don't blame you man. Hope it works out for you in Vegas. aloha- pauly

I have never been to Hawaii but I have some cool mugs and wind chimes :love4:
I agree it is worth keeping the H code you have owned for 20 years and glad you found a shipper to get it to the states for you at $1.300 and not have to put $5.000 to get it home.

-
Back