Back in the A body business

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after selling my 70 duster, i finally got another. I picked up a 72 H code duster, originally a black on black with a white stripe car. The back end of the car is still wearing its original paint and stripe. It has a 360 crate motor, rebuilt 727 and 8 3/4 391 sure grip. The interior is completely restored with legendary door panels, carpet, and seats with new foam and covers. I will be sure to get some pictures loaded up when i pick up the car tomorrow.

A few older pictures that were given to me, i will get new and better pictures tomorrow

Attachments

• 0303031539.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 0303031537.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 439
Tony for sure! Once i get the car on the road. Everything mechanical has been completely gone through and replaced. It came with a complete legendary interior, all new metal for the tail panel and quarter patch. I like the wheels as well but i would trade them for a nice set of rallyes and trim rings. The car is going to the body shop to get the metal work done this week. With the car being an original black car and the engine bay already being sprayed black, im going to have it painted in formal black, with a flat black 340 stripe.

Are the torque thrusts BBP, or SBP wheels. If they are big bolt pattern i may be interested in them. Need to know sizes, and they need to be 15" to clear my brakes in the front.

Lmk if you want to sell em. PM me and i will give you my email. Addy for you to send pix.

Matt

Hey guys, after selling my 70 duster, i finally got another. I picked up a 72 H code duster, originally a black on black with a white stripe car. The back end of the car is still wearing its original paint and stripe. It has a 360 crate motor, rebuilt 727 and 8 3/4 391 sure grip. The interior is completely restored with legendary door panels, carpet, and seats with new foam and covers. I will be sure to get some pictures loaded up when i pick up the car tomorrow.
Congratulations Tyler :eek:ccasion: You found a gem there :colors:

front.

Attachments

• rsz_imag0336.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 295
Are the torque thrusts BBP, or SBP wheels. If they are big bolt pattern i may be interested in them. Need to know sizes, and they need to be 15" to clear my brakes in the front.

Lmk if you want to sell em. PM me and i will give you my email. Addy for you to send pix.

Matt

There BBP but they are 14's. I would really need to trade because i dont have any other wheels to put on it.

Tony for sure! Once i get the car on the road. Everything mechanical has been completely gone through and replaced. It came with a complete legendary interior, all new metal for the tail panel and quarter patch. I like the wheels as well but i would trade them for a nice set of rallyes and trim rings. The car is going to the body shop to get the metal work done this week. With the car being an original black car and the engine bay already being sprayed black, im going to have it painted in formal black, with a flat black 340 stripe.

Hey Tyler, Thought I'd give you a glance of what it will look like when done....Do you know the build date? Should be a three digit number 2nd line up from the bottom on the fender tag....:thumblef:

IMG_0226_zps9a3373bc.jpg

Im hoping it looks that good when its done. The car is not currently at my house but when i go look at the progress this weekend I will take a picture of the fender tag.

I made a thread awhile ago showing the fact that i bought a 72 340 duster, an original tx9 car. Restoration has been coming along nicely, a majority of the body work is done, I sent the car to the body shop for final work and paint. A friend of mine has been doing a lot of the work with help from myself. He has been mentoring me throughout the process, i have learned a lot and looking forward to the final product.

Attachments

• duster10.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 197
  • duster9.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 227
  • duster8.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 180
  • duster7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 198
  • duster6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 199
  • duster5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 217
  • duster4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 223
  • duster3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 195
  • duster2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 226
  • duster1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 191
extras

Attachments

• duster16.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 202
  • duster15.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 197
  • duster14.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 193
  • duster13.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 202
  • duster12.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 207
  • duster11.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 226
  • duster17.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 191
I have been really conflicted about choosing paint for the car, i feel obligated sense it was originally a black car. I may end up going b5 but i have a few months to choose.

NO, keep it tx9....there is nothing like the combination of the sharktooth grill, chrome bumpers/ stainless trim and that ultra rare tx9 color. Looks so right on the duster! Whatever you decide it looks like you are making/have a great foundation!

I know Black isn't for everybody, but You need to go back with the TX9 Formal Black! Official Records show only 1.6% of All Valiant/Duster's came that color for 1972...So the Number of 340's in TX9 is going to be super low!

-
Back