Back in the A-body fold

-

BlueFish67

Reaction score
I haven't been around in a long time - sold my '67 Barracuda convertible and kind of dropped out. I regretted selling it from the day after it left on the truck, but of course needed the $$. Good part is that the guy I sold it to has done an awesome job with it and she's better than ever.
So after jonesing for way too long, I finally found a '68 Barracuda coupe - yes, owned by a little, old (but fiesty) lady, and in a barn in the Virginia mountains! It's in great shape except for trunk rust, and once I replaced a bent pushrod I drove it around the mountains until the snow started right before Christmas (it hasn't stopped yet...) 90% original with the original bill of sale, registration, window sticker, etc. Even have photos of the original owner in both 1968 when she bought it and 2006 when she sold it to me!
It has a slant six which was going to be replaced by a 360, but now I'm reconsidering and thinking I might play with the slant for awhile and see what kind of numbers I can pull out of it. I'll be looking for six info all over the site. Pics to follow once I get some of my clients off my back. Oops - had to change my signature.

Neat car you found. They are getting harder and harder to find from the first owner. Good luck with the project

I know the feelin man!!
I still look at what I have sold, And wish away.
But know it sound's like youve got a great one. :thumbup:

It sure would be hard, not to put a wormed up small block in it.
But you can get some hp out of a /6 with a littel more add on's.
glade you found an A barracuda to get you on your way.
Glade you are back.

63g resized.jpg

Welcome aboard, bet it feels good to have a baby even if not your first love. We all get sore feet for kickin' our own butts somewhere along the way. Enjoy the site!

Damn Sean... NICE FIND! Looks like a sweeeeet car. Good luck with her and welcome to the site.

Nice car. I owned a 68 FormulaS, 383, 4 Spd identical to that, right down to the same color, from 76 to 80. Of course, I was like you and still regret selling it, especially since the guy I sold it to rolled it over three time and wrote it off within 5 hours after he picked it up from me. Ah, well.

Yeah, that seller's remorse is rough! I sold my 'Cuda340 right before e-body prices went into the stratosphere. Doubled my money then, but I could have quadrupled it if I had held on a few years (assuming didn't wreck it first - that car was fast!).

-
Back