Back in the game!!

-

Avispa

Reaction score
well, the Demon's gone and as soon as it left I knew i would be sorry, (I AM ), but i found a 70 duster with the canopy sunroof, brand new canopy and headliner so that headache is taken care of. if anyone else has one of these let me know, i have a few questions, oh, it was about 20 miles from my house and been sitting in a guys garage for the last 8 years, he drove it 20 miles to have the sunroof redine , drove it back and parked it, I guess i'll have to haul it home Monday.

IMG_2778.jpg

Cool car. Welcome back.
There was one that ran around my town back in the 70's.
It was a 70, /6 car, plum crazy. Never seen that many with
that top. Lucky dog!

Well look at your new ride =P~ welcome back Avispa

It was a slant six, bench seat, PS no ac, drum brake car, the 6 has been pulled out and I have a 71 318/904 for it. The front suspension has already been rebuilt and has new shocks all this has never been on the road.
I'm gonna change the paint to solid L5 Butterscotch (Bahama Yellow) the new headliner is a dark brown, the guy also has a set of correct buckets and the rear seats that have all been very well redone in a two tone saddle brown these were done some years ago and have just been sitting in the basement waiting to put the car on the road, also has a new in the box Legendary brown carpet.the door panels also match the seats,since the exterior will be Butterscotch except for the canopy top which is black, I may do a flat black body stripe, flat black rear 71 gull wing spoiler, i have a set of ralley mirrors for it, and I want to install the 73 up twin snorkle hood scoop in flat black as well, I really like the ralleys, but may do Butterscotch steel rims and dog dish caps, hey, this is what dreams are for right? remember,

" a man with no dreams is a man with no future "

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

It was a slant six, bench seat, PS no ac, drum brake car, the 6 has been pulled out and I have a 71 318/904 for it. The front suspension has already been rebuilt and has new shocks all this has never been on the road.
I'm gonna change the paint to solid L5 Butterscotch (Bahama Yellow) the new headliner is a dark brown, the guy also has a set of correct buckets and the rear seats that have all been very well redone in a two tone saddle brown these were done some years ago and have just been sitting in the basement waiting to put the car on the road, also has a new in the box Legendary brown carpet.the door panels also match the seats,since the exterior will be Butterscotch except for the canopy top which is black, I may do a flat black body stripe, flat black rear 71 gull wing spoiler, i have a set of ralley mirrors for it, and I want to install the 73 up twin snorkle hood scoop in flat black as well, I really like the ralleys, but may do Butterscotch steel rims and dog dish caps, hey, this is what dreams are for right? remember,

" a man with no dreams is a man with no future "
Sweet plans you have going! Can't wait to see that done sometime!

Here is a sister car............

72_Dodge_Demon_DV-06-BC_011.jpg
The fellow that owns this Demon is a freind of mine and owns this Duster with the same top. The Duster pictured didn't come with the top originally. He salvaged it out of another Duster that was rotted out bad.

John

IMG_2561.jpg

great looking cars!!! Ya can't believe how large the canvas sunroof is, probably twice the size of the M21 metal sliding sunroof.

Well thanks to YellohDartDave posting that damm orange Demon above, I just sit here with a woody and stare at it!! man that's got ta be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!!!
Thinkng bout selling the one i found, I just don't think I can go through the redo process again just to have circumstances snatch it away when i get close, maybe I should just face reality and realize i'll never have a really nice car,besides time's runni' out for me cause of a heart condition.
but hell maybe i'll get the /6 back in and drive the wheels of and not be anal about every scratch and imperfection.
Sorry for the dose of downer reality,

glad to hear your back in the game, thats a move brett farve would do (leave and come back)

-
Back