Back Surgery Update

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
Well as some of you guys know I had back surgery. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm doing a lot better, up until this week, had an ER trip where they thought I had a bad gall bladder, nope we requested a didimer test and got a very high report. It meant I had blood clots possible in my lungs or legs.

So now more tests, but my back feels great no pain but also no strength yet.

Oh ya I took some pics of the xrays nobody tell my Hospital ok lol.

Pics...

Attachments

• 20140505_131627.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20140505_131635.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 20140505_131651.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 20140505_131937.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20140505_132917.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
Get some rest and get well soon. Prayin for you.

Thanks guys, that 298 is the lowest I've weighed since High School I was nearly 360 and just decided I'm losing this weight, and I'm 40 pounds away fron my goal of 250.

I should patent the have back problems and lay on your bed as far away from the food diet. Then the surgery and lay even more and not be able to get food for a month all I need I money for an infomercial.

Best of luck bud. I went through neck and back surgery 2-1/2 yrs. ago so I know what it's like. Luckily I didn't have any blood clots. Will keep you in mind when me and the Mrs pray. Keep us updated on how the back is doing. My neck surgery took less time to heal than the low back even though it was a worse problem. I suppose that's cause your low back has to support more weight.

Oh yeah, good job on working on the weight problem too. That takes a lot of will power.

Your back x-ray looks like my mom's. Three discs fused together.

Glad to hear that your back is feeling better.

Sorry to hear about the blood clots. Be careful, they will try to put you on blood thinners to break up/dissolve the clots. It will make it harder for your blood to clot if you cut yourself or need surgery again.

My mother in law had surgery a while back. Afterwards they found that she may have some blood clots, but were considering doing another surgery. They were going to put her on blood thinners, until her husband (who is also a doctor) checked up on what was going on and had to remind the doctors at the hospital that if they put her on blood thinners and tried to operate, she could bleed out on the operating table and die.

They almost killed her twice due to incompetent doctors. It was lucky her husband was a doctor and checked up on them.

Congratulations on your weight loss, I wish you the best in your recovery....and continued weight loss

Thanks guys! I've been exercising lots of walking and stretching. Its great to have a dog to take on a lil walk, then i'm feeling really good and also working on the clots too when I walk.

Keep with it brother. Me and the Mrs. were talking this evening about how we need to get the bikes back down and ride them. My back wont tolerate walking real far but the bike doesn't bother it too bad and gets me the exercise I need.

-
Back