Backing off valves

-
Whats the Drier Sheets for or do?
Mice...they don,t like the smell of dryer sheets(Downy sheets)I put them everywhere in my car..
#1 is above sun visors(saves headliner)
under seats
up under dash
scatter a few inside car
couple in the trunk
under hood I wrap some around plug wires and at the electrical block at firewall.

This has worked great for me since learning about dryer sheets 5 yrs ago.Aslo springtime fresh at first spring startup.:D

I live where the temperature changes lead to a lot of condensation. Outside, inside, everywhere unless the storage is temperature controlled. I.E. it's 60+ degrees this morning. It was 24 on monday, and will be 30 tomorrow morning. That's normal for CT so fogging is a big deal and firing it and letting it idle a few times a month does nothing but put water into the exh system. If you can't drive it, leave it alone. If you have a decent cam it can't hurt to let the valves close. It could hurt to leave some of them open both in terms of an open cylinder (condensation or critters) and valve spring tension (reduced service life for those few that are stored at partial or full lift).
Your prep should be particular to the vehicle, your geographic location, and the length of storage.

Yes - drier sheets! The stinkiest ones you can find.. They get put in my tractors, my cars, my girfriends car, and my truck. They work better than moth balls and don't need an explanation in the spring as to the smell...lol.

Mint oil or wintergreen oil on cotton balls. You'll only need a couple in the car. Smells great in the spring. It burns and ittitates the respiratory system of rodents if any decide to consider your car for a new home.

As far as the shafts, mopar guys are the only ones i've seen discuss the rocker shafts. I put my car away in november and have it out in april. I've never done it, never had any issues either. Solid cams, mid 500 lifts. If I was really worried about sring life I suppose i'd crank it over a few times so the valvetrain moved.

-
Back