Bad accident at work....again

-
If the safety procedures are not being followed, it's up to management and supervision to enforce them...

Where I work right now there are dangers also... They have hi-def cameras all over and everything is recorded... If there are any accidents, the video is reviewed and critiqued on what could have been done different to prevent the accident and the employee is subject to a drug test immediately, they are shown to all employees to learn from other's mistakes...
We have underwent alot of management changes in the past 3 years and thing have quickly went downhill. I'm not saying anything bad about our supervisors because I really like all those guys and they do what they can with what they are given. It goes above them.

We have underwent alot of management changes in the past 3 years and thing have quickly went downhill. I'm not saying anything bad about our supervisors because I really like all those guys and they do what they can with what they are given. It goes above them.

Then the managers above your supervisors need a shake up for letting this go on... Their greed to cut things to the bone to save money have just backfired and will cost them even more after the lawsuits...

There goes their bonuses for this year....

I agree with the last sentence that's why i have worked 72 hours a week since Christmas!! They will not hire good help. They have a constant rotation of these temps that they pay 8.50 an hour and then they are gone in three months. We are almost out of senior employees!
My problem is I make good money I'm not gonna say how much on an open forum but for this area its definitely good money. I have no real education or any experience other than this place iv worked here since I was 19. So for the area I'm in I'd have to start completely over at an entry level job at 9 bucks an hour.
selling yourself short. Don't need and education, you have years of service to show you are not a job hopper. Many companies would like that.

Multicolor
Yes multi color!! I was thinking ccl for some reason.
Multi color is one of my favorite customers yalls packaging is so easy!! You would be surprised how ridiculous alot of customers want their plastic palletized.
Who do you make labels for?

selling yourself short. Don't need and education, you have years of service to show you are not a job hopper. Many companies would like that.
And I'm a helluva hard worker lol. I'm up for a promotion rumor is I'm supposed to be getting a lead job idk know.

I just hope that they can work out the issues and come up with some solutions. I gave them my ideas although I dont know that it will help. I just hate it for the guys who have to loose their damn hands before someone does something.

Everybody. LOL
Won't go into customers here, but I would bet everyone here has our labels on products in your house.
Yea its crazy. Everytime I pick up something plastic I'm like hey I probably made that lol

Always hiring, but knowledge of plastics probably won't do a lot for you on our end. Just rolls of material to be laminated and printed on when we get them.
I ran laminate material last night!

All accidents and near misses are reviewed in shift meetings/safety huddles. We even go over incidents from our other sites...

Same here... All accidents are reviewed at each shift's start up meetings every day, then once a month we have safety reviews of videos of all branches to view theirs....

There was an accident at work tonight it was bad. A guy got his hand crushed in between two giant chrome rollers he will probably loose his hand. To make it worse this is the 4th time in 8 weeks this has happened. This is potentially the 4th amputee in 2 months. This is bad. I'm really worried when I left this morning they were people talking about osha shutting the doors and all kinds of stuff. I really hate it for the 4 guys that lost their hands I really do but I can't imagine 375 people loosing their jobs. When was was in the punch out line the site manager came thru and he asked us is it true about the guy and his hand? We were like yes. And the look on his face was absolutely terrifying. This might get bad!
Man that is bad!
If it were me. I would be looking for a new job.
Good luck
And the best of luck to the folk's that got hurt, and their families.

Oh cool what type of plastic? Thermoform?

I'm not sure, I just unload them off one truck and load them onto another... I'm not sure if we make it or just distribute it...

We buy directly from the mills and divide it up and ship it to our customers...

We have a shear department that can cut full sheets, a press brake that can bend it, and laser department that can cut it into any shape the customer wants...

We have saws that can cut the bars, rounds, and beams down, and our company owns the only 4 saws in the country that are capable of cutting a 28" round.... The only other saw that can do that is in Japan, we have the only ones in this country, and our branch has one of them... There are 60 warehouses in 12 states for our company...

We carry all shapes... Sheets, bars, flats, channels, and beams in all different metal materials and sizes...

this is the 4th time in 8 weeks this has happened. This is potentially the 4th amputee in 2 months.

what kind of half assed **** is going on around there? are there no safety procedures there? thats nuts.. sounds to me like quite a few people need to be fired for allowing this to happen so often...

OSHA should shut the place down before someone is killed... if OSHA doesn't shut them down the insurance company probably will with the crazy priemium increase...

at work we have a 15 tear no loss work accidents streak going and they are still up our *** with new saftey procedures and paperwork.. sounds like your place could use a few...

Last edited:
-
Back