Bad Apple Duster project

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Kinda bored today so i thought i would start a new thread about my Duster from beginning to present.

The day i bought it
3d0a.jpg

Lots of metal work!
b458.jpg

f8ca.jpg

7d9d.jpg

bc52.jpg

Great pictures, my son-in-law and I are going to be replacing a quarter panel on his dart. It helps to see how someone else did it.

Some wheels bought from a FABO member
001-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

These last pics. are how it sets right now, still not done but getting closer little by little!
Planning to be driving it by spring and gonna have it at Carlisle in July

Challengergary is making me some custom "Bad Apple" decals to replace the original Duster decals on the front fenders and tailllight panel.

This is part of them:
3150011v_225x225_Front_padToSquare-.png

Great job!
You said sour apple paint. What brand? Single stage or kandy with clear?
Just curious. Thanks

Great pictures, my son-in-law and I are going to be replacing a quarter panel on his dart. It helps to see how someone else did it.

He did excellent. On mine, I could leave the top crease/ridge, and cut below that. That saved aggravation. Butt weld slow, with a wet rag.

To me it pays homage to the green color so many early 70's cars came with from the factory yet it looks fresh and 100 times better.

I was never really a fan of sublime green, my buddy Tommy had a van in that color that could pull wheel-stands. But you have taken it to another level entirely. The paint you chose has class, rather than just in your face green. Great Job
Andrew

-
Back