Bad Day, Very Bad day

-
Glad you got it fixed without a lot of cash.

I found one weired thing when rebuilding my willys motor.
I had the pickup dipped at the local machine shop.
At the last minute I deciede to take the screen out of the pickup, to check it before boliting it to the oil pump.
There was a part of a small red rag imbedded up in the pickup.
You just never know unless you check everything.

Just ran your zip code through advanceautoparts.com and seen that both of these advance auto parts stores near you have the mopar oil filters in stock for $6.29

In Stock
5992 NC 42 HWY W
Tel: 919-662-5222

In Stock
10529 US HWY 70 WEST
Tel: 919-553-5781

Part number is MO-090 .....these are what i run on all my mopars and I love them.

Here is a picture of it below.

Just thought I would let you know.

Attachments

• mo090.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 134
I use WIX Filters from O'Reillys or the same one From NAPA called NAPA Blue. They are a lot of better filter than Fram. I have had Fram Filters collapse on me. But I am glad you have your Duster running again

Its actually called NAPA Gold and Carquest Premium Blue. So you had it partly right anyways!!

I use this filter and can by just holding it in my hand that it is ultra high quality.

http://www.napafilters.com/products/

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=333866

"CARQUEST Premium Blue 85334, and NAPA Gold 1334 are identical "

Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks Duster for this thread.

Thats awesome news! Glad ya got her running again. Looks like a few people...me included have learned something on this thread.

It is running fine. I took it out to I-40 and drove to Raleigh from Clayton and back. Opened it up to 75 MPH (only using 1/4 pedal) Oil psi was 50 PSI. Car has a really nice idle now and it runs so much stronger with the new cam, lifters, pushrods, distributor, timing chain, oil pump and shaft. Changed the oil and bought a Wix filter for now due to not being able to get a Mopar filter on Sunday. Oil still had a little assembly lube color to it but for the most part it was clean.

I'm glad you got it straightened out!

I thought we was going to have buy you a new 360HP crate engine there for awhile.

DM, I didn't mean to get you up about the shop rag, and I hope you're not mad at me. I was actually just poking fun at myself a little hoping to lighten the mood now that all is right in Dusterville. Sorry for putting that out there!!! I'll go to my room!!! Geof

It,s the small fixes,with members help to get you up and running,that makes this site the best.Also keeps us on our toes when doing our own assemblies.Glad your driving it like a maniac should.LOL

DM, I didn't mean to get you up about the shop rag, and I hope you're not mad at me. I was actually just poking fun at myself a little hoping to lighten the mood now that all is right in Dusterville. Sorry for putting that out there!!! I'll go to my room!!! Geof

No problems Cosgig. I was just re stressing that there was not any type of rag left in the block.:wack: How's the van coming along?

The van project is.. well it's stalled!! I haven't been working much and the silver convertible hasn't sold so I'm strapped for play money!! Plus, we just spent our income tax money on this...Nella's mobile facility. We needed a way to get her in and out of something bigger than our pop-up camper when she goes to horseshows and such, and this fit our needs nicely!!! The van will have to wait until something breaks, but I am still collecting stuff for it and will still work and plan. I'd like to figure out the interior stuff, as it will be some new tech stuff I'm not savvy with, so I'll concentrate on things like that!!

Hope the Duster is fixed for good and no damage was done inside. It sounds like no harm done!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_3226.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 115
The van project is.. well it's stalled!! I haven't been working much and the silver convertible hasn't sold so I'm strapped for play money!! Plus, we just spent our income tax money on this...Nella's mobile facility. We needed a way to get her in and out of something bigger than our pop-up camper when she goes to horseshows and such, and this fit our needs nicely!!! The van will have to wait until something breaks, but I am still collecting stuff for it and will still work and plan. I'd like to figure out the interior stuff, as it will be some new tech stuff I'm not savvy with, so I'll concentrate on things like that!!

Hope the Duster is fixed for good and no damage was done inside. It sounds like no harm done!!! Geof

That is a nice Rig for Nella.

nice camper and sweet girl.She is getting so big!!!!

I know, and thats a big issue we deal with every day. It's a big safety issue to transfer her into and out of her chair now that she's getting so big. Mom can hardly do it, let alone carry her through the pop-up door or into the van to change from show clothes and stuff!! This thing is gonna really fit our needs. Her first big horse show is in 3 weeks... 4 days long at her 4-H clubs county fair!! I'll let you know how happy we are with it after that!!!LOL!! Geof

I know, and thats a big issue we deal with every day. It's a big safety issue to transfer her into and out of her chair now that she's getting so big. Mom can hardly do it, let alone carry her through the pop-up door or into the van to change from show clothes and stuff!! This thing is gonna really fit our needs. Her first big horse show is in 3 weeks... 4 days long at her 4-H clubs county fair!! I'll let you know how happy we are with it after that!!!LOL!! Geof

I wish you was here in NC there is always handicapped vans in the local pull a part with the lifts still in them.

-
Back