Bad Faith "For Sale" Posts

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
I responded to a FABO Parts for Sale post last Tuesday (less than 50 minutes from the post time) from a member stating I wanted the part in question at the quoted price. I also pm'd him to ask if he accepted Paypal. He responded almost immediately via PM to say he did, and would get me a quote including shipping "ASAP".

When I didn't hear back after 3 days, I sent a friendly reminder PM asking again for the quote. Again he responded quickly to apologize, saying he wasn't going to be able to get me the quote until the weekend. "No problem.", was my response.

Got a final PM from the seller late last night stating he was just able to get through his emails and a Moparts member beat my response, so he had to sell it to him. WTF!!!:angry7:

If you're going to post items for sale on multiple websites, have the courtesy to say so, and if you're taking offers from multiple sources, check your f'n email! Getting beat out on a part happens, but I don't appreciate being kept waiting for a quote for 5 days under the assumption that the part is mine, then being told that someone else from another site is getting it. That's just not cool.

I responded to a FABO Parts for Sale post last Tuesday (less than 50 minutes from the post time) from a member stating I wanted the part in question at the quoted price. I also pm'd him to ask if he accepted Paypal. He responded almost immediately via PM to say he did, and would get me a quote including shipping "ASAP".

When I didn't hear back after 3 days, I sent a friendly reminder PM asking again for the quote. Again he responded quickly to apologize, saying he wasn't going to be able to get me the quote until the weekend. "No problem.", was my response.

Got a final PM from the seller late last night stating he was just able to get through his emails and a Moparts member beat my response, so he had to sell it to him. WTF!!!:angry7:

If you're going to post items for sale on multiple websites, have the courtesy to say so, and if you're taking offers from multiple sources, check your f'n email! Getting beat out on a part happens, but I don't appreciate being kept waiting for a quote for 5 days under the assumption that the part is mine, then being told that someone else from another site is getting it. That's just not cool.

x2 Been jerked around by a certain member in the past, engaging in the same practices. Now I see where he's having deals fall through. I guess some people will never learn, what goes around, comes around.

Seems to be too much of this happening lately.Sounds inexcuseable what was done.No courtesy,no professionallism,no decency,especially to a fellow member. Most decency shown here was by GoFish for not mentioning any names.WTF is right.

Yes, it's hard to sell sometimes and then seller occasionally drop the ball... like looking for a scamp bumper.

At least figure out who's first up and go down the line letting people know where they stand. It's not that tough. Sometimes people get overwhelmed when listing many parts and things get scattered.

My favorite is getting a quote on shipping, accepting and wanting payment info, then find out the item was sold to someone local because the hassle to ship wasn't worth it. Passed on a different similar item, that also got sold, because of the commitment to the first seller.

I feel for you GoFish.

-
Back