BAD MECHANICS - Thermostat and Radiator Fan Blade

-
But, even the picture of the video link in post #66, the guy is showing his 67 Coronet with the bolt at the far rear of the slider arm
The post is supposed to be at the rear most of the slider. A spring is supposed to keep the slider pulled forward.

That way the accelerator movement moves the slider arm immediately.

The reason for the slider is to allow the carb to close if the kickdown got stuck.

READ YOUR FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL THERE IS A PROCEDURE IN IT TO SETTING THE KICKDOWN CORRECTLY.

Screenshot_20240221-220044.png

Screenshot_20240221-215949.png

I watched the video you posted.
While the video shows some good and accurate information it also shows some bad information

Example ..

The location of the kickdown spring. (Yellow) does keep the linkage forward but it also I creases the amount of force needed to open the throttle.

The throttle return spring (green) should be all that is needed.

If the kick down spring is installed per the FSM (red) it keeps the linkage forward but does not add any extra force needed to open the throttle.

The Chrysler engineers kind of knew what they were doing

Screenshot_20240221-220743~3.png

As to your condemnation of folks trying to help you... well that just sucks on your part.

You need to humble yourself abit and offer up an apology.

Screenshot_20240221-215912.png

Last edited:
The post is supposed to be at the rear most of the slider. A spring is supposed to keep the slider pulled forward.

That way the accelerator movement moves the slider arm immediately.

The reason for the slider is to allow the carb to close if the kickdown got stuck.

READ YOUR FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL THERE IS A PROCEDURE IN IT TO SETTING THE KICKDOWN CORRECTLY.

View attachment 1716210594

View attachment 1716210595

I watched the video you posted.
While the video shows some good and accurate information it also shows some bad information

Example ..

The location of the kickdown spring. (Yellow) does keep the linkage forward but it also I creases the amount of force needed to open the throttle.

The throttle return spring (green) should be all that is needed.

If the kick down spring is installed per the FSM (red) it keeps the linkage forward but does not add any extra force needed to open the throttle.

The Chrysler engineers kind of knew what they were doing

View attachment 1716210597

As to your condemnation of folks trying to help you... well that just sucks on your part.

You need to humble yourself abit and offer up an apology.

View attachment 1716210596
Thanks much.
I am getting the pictures now.
I will show this to the guy working on my Cuda.

As for your "humbling" comment....sorry... but that's just bull crap.
I have never thought I knew anything about my 318 Barracuda. I have never thought that I knew more than any current owners that post here!
Otherwise, why in the heck would I even ask questions here? I wouldn't need too.
I just don't know where you get that impression.
As I said before, just because I didn't immediately respond to any individual post, or do all the suggested changes immediately, does not mean that I dismissed ANY recommendations.
It's a process that I have to work through., and try to learn in the process.

But, thanks for what you just posted. That will help greatly.
And as I said in my previous post, I have never blown off recomendations. Or, can you show me where I told anyone that they were wrong?
I've had to work through them all.
Therefore, no apologies required.

Last edited:
I just don't know where you get that impression.
As I said before, just because I didn't immediately respond to any individual post, or do all the suggested changes immediately, does not mean that I dismissed ANY recommendations.
It's a process that I have to work through., and try to learn in the process.

But, thanks for what you just posted. That will help greatly.
And as I said in my previous post, I have never blown off recomendations. Or, can you show me where I told anyone that they were wrong?
I've had to work through them all.
Therefore, no apologies required
There were a dozen posts about getting the kick down fixed properly AND why before you did anything else and you say....
Now on to the rear squeeking brakes; before I get to the Kicback cable

Glad my info from The Factory Service Manual will be helpful.

Whoa. maybe ishould have read more before chiming in.
That little error is not just a little oops. Folks here are seeing (from experience) some things were not fully thought out. Some really good suggestions were made. My suggestions is to take your time and go through them. There may be some trial and error. In fact expect it. But folks are telling you some things that are or will be definate errors. For example 16" flex fan - almost certainly a fail. IIRC Minimum factory fan was 17". That means that even with a shroud there is an 18" dia or larger opening. Also, "Kickdown linkage" setup. Absolutely critical. Through it, the throttle position changes the pressure in the transmission circuits to match the load. There's more, but those two stood out.
Echo the flex fan. Damn things are dangerous

-
Back