Bad News...

-

djais1801

Reaction score
The 67 i was stoked about is a "no go". My buddy is a bodyshop guy and came with me today to look at the formula s fastback.

He said there was way too much plastic in it, that it'd be like throwing $$ away.

So back to the drawing board...damn!:banghead:

It's always good to have a friend to look at a car. He sure saved you a lot of $$$$$

I agree with Cliff it could have been a hell of alot worse had your friend not looked at it and you owned it already.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I love the fastback Barracudas...

Better to move on than buy a rusted out piece of ****.

every panel from the hood cowl, to the nose, to the inner door jambs/sills had bondo..the only good part was the drivetrain.
we were in a dimly lit garage and you could see the plastic...

Bad news is Good news in this case you found out before dropping any money on it, lot's of good stuff still out there, be patient, something good always comes along!

yeah...i still have to unload my 86 mustang gt convertible..i would like to trade it plus cash...however the likelyhood that mopar guys would like a ford is prob slim to none

LOL! Mopar guys love Mopars, but we know what's a good car or not. If my daughter was a little older we'd be talking about a possible deal, she loves Mustangs, especially convertibles, however she is only 8 years old!

Thought it might be a good deal if we had a picture of the car just in case it shows up at a didderent location.

1967 Plymouth Barracuda 2 door Fastback
360 Cubic Inch - Automatic
Needs finish body work and interior to be completed but ready to drive away

Attachments

• Bondo Barracuda.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 124
Here is a video of my car:
[ame="http://youtu.be/zDsnrAwc-VY"]302 Found[/ame]
Here are the mods the car has:
So...here's my 86 GT convertible…The car has had lots of performance upgrades. For starters it's been converted to mass air. Along with that conversion the car received an 89 block .030 over with GT40 aluminum heads, roller rockers, GT40 intake, 65MM throttle body, and 75MM mass air sensor. It's got all the normal bolt ons such as underdrive pulleys, aluminum radiator, shorty headers, off road H pipe, and a Flowmaster catback.

It also has 87-up front brakes, welded in subframe connectors, and a 4 point chassis brace. The T-5 shifts smoothly with no grinding and has a Pro 5.0 shifter base with a custom Hurst shifter. The rear is the 8.8 traction lock with 3:55 gears.

The body and interior are in excellent condition. The car has definitely been re-painted and the job was done well. It shines beautifully and looks show quality. In my opinion the interior is original but has been preserved nicely. The top is a power top and has a tiny hole on the passenger side but it's smaller than a dime. The only other defect is the dashpad is cracked, a new one is $150.

Just recently the car received a brand new tune up using Autolite plugs, MSD cap and rotor, Motorsport wires, and an MSD coil. Also this spring a brand new Walbro 155lph fuel pump along with a brand new tank was installed.
Body has 126k on it and drivetrain has about 10k miles

djais, that's one awesome little Blue Oval, you should just cruise it until it sells, then buy something else if that's what you want to do. Like I said, something ALWAYS comes up later!

-
Back