Bad Restoration Project

-

1968340S

Reaction score
I sent out my 68 Barracuda grilles, surrounds, trunk lid mouldings. Had a very bad experience with this company. I would like to warn members about the company.

How should I post this.

Chris

Chris, solely in my opinion, there are a couple ways to address this.

If the company / person is a member here, it's probably best to try to work out the dispute with it / him / her directly and give them every opportunity to make it right before a public bashing. You can't "un-ring the bell," so to speak. Look at it like you would the evening news -- someone is accused of doing something bad ... time goes on, the trial concludes, and that person is found not guilty. Just the stigma of the trial itself was enough to leave a bad taste in the public's mouth, and that person has to deal with credibility issues until the end of time.

On the other hand, you could also outline all the details of your bad experience here in a public forum for everyone to read so they can enjoy the benefits of your experience and learn from your misfortune.

It's pretty much your call. Best of luck getting things worked out in your favor.

I agree with Leanna, once it's said...you can't take it back. Let them try to satisfy the situation before you go public with any names. Is it an issue of not being happy with their work, or was it another reason ? Do you have before and after pictures ?

With the economy being what it is, most companys seem to be trying harder to keep their customers from going elsewhere.Try threating them with kindness.I know it sounds gay, but my wife told my girlfriend I needed to work on my softer side.

Well, I want to know who it is. But, I totally agree with the posts above. Once it is said. Nothing you can do to take it back. I really do want to know whats up because I'm going to be getting a lot of parts re-finished here before too long and I sure dont want to be in the same boat. Try and resolve the problem. If these people have half a brain they will try and save face. And there ***.

With the economy being what it is, most companys seem to be trying harder to keep their customers from going elsewhere.Try threating them with kindness.I know it sounds gay, but my wife told my girlfriend I needed to work on my softer side.

At the risk of a total hijack, an old lady like yours and a girlfriend too? You need to write a book, dude.

8)

grandma always said you can catch more flies with honey than salt. bad workmanship is one thing, bad folks are another. i just want to know the rest of the story.

Been gone for a couple of days, but I want to resolve the dilemma. I do not want FABO members getting the shaft like I did and I don't want to be vindictive at all, but its amazing what company's get away with these days.

Well I've tried to reason with this guy nicely several times and he tells me no problem he'll take care of it. The problem is that I'm located in Nor-Cal and I shipped my parts to this guy in Michigan for the restoration. Everything has been done on line for the most part. I've only had communication twice on the phone since last year in January when the restoration started. Tried to reach by phone time and time again, but the usual answer machine with no return call backs. Then go online send a message or two and get a answer a couple days later. He talks the talk, but what do you do with someone that far away. If he was local I'm sure this would of been handle just a little different. If you no what I mean.

Found his advertisement in Mopar Collectors Guide, not sure if this company is a member of FABO ( sure hope not ). I think I will indicate to him that I belong to a very large community of Mopar Friends and that I would share my experience with his company. See what happens. I don't think he will even care. Give it a shot for the last time.

Its not personal at all and when I tell you all what this guy is all about you will just scratch your head. To me its about honesty, integrity, quality. Seems like a few things that have been missing in our country lately. Needs to stop.

Get back soon let you all know what happens.

Chris

Seems like you are doing all the right things. You are justified in sharing his name at this point. Like you said...now it is not personal, it is about integrity and honesty.

You sure they weren't talking about sex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsmyke

At the risk of a total hijack, an old lady like yours and a girlfriend too? You need to write a book, dude.

:cool:

This is why I refurbished my parts myself.. got off my lazy butt and went to work.

1) I know where my valuable parts are... they are here at home sweet home.

2) Don't have to worry about shipping damage or shipping charges

3) I know what has really been done to my trim.

If the guy still has the parts then he has the upper hand.. he's got your stuff man! So I wouldn't be saying to much until you get your hands back on your stuff. He might get pissed at you and not return your stuff at all or in a messed up shape. Good luck!

-
Back