Baffle for factory oil pan.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would toss this out there if anyone needs it. I am using a 392 pan, with the factory pickup.

Baffle welded in.jpg

Finshed Paint.jpg

You can open the .pdf and print it, or you can save it to a folder.

It prints on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

Attachments

• IMG_20160522_0003.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 211
Is this a proven design? Kind of worried about oil return.

Cool! Have you thought about a small notch in the rear corners? I'm just thinking about the returns from the heads in the back....not that there should be a lot back there with a stock rocker oiling system.

There is a slight gap all the way around the plate, I also plan to coat the inside with Glyptal paint to 'slicken' it up, lol. As well as the valley up top.

I made one for a stock pan and had a Milodon windage tray. The baffle bent the ear of the tray in just enough when I installed it that a rod bolt was nicking the tray. I found out when I got the motor in and cranked it. I didn't know where the racket was coming from. I first thought it was a convertor bolt. I pulled the engine back out...
I was PISSED! So much that I bought a Kevko pan and ditched the tray.
So check your clearance and turn the motor over if it's out of the car.

Why didn't I see this yesterday? I just built one for same pan yours looks better. but I figure no one else will see mine so I'm good with it. almost exact same design as yours.

Cool stuff...very similar to what I crafted and that was based on a mag article...not sure which Mopar mag though.

Here is what mine turned out like:

oil_pan_baffle1.jpg

oil_pan_baffle2.jpg

i used epoxy to affix the first baffle I made when lowering the stock pan a couple of inches. The first time I took the pan off afterward, found out the baffle had fallen off. Oh well.

i used epoxy to affix the first baffle I made when lowering the stock pan a couple of inches. The first time I took the pan off afterward, found out the baffle had fallen off. Oh well.
Ya, I'm sure the oil would eat away at that epoxy

Vibration is killer also. I would lean toward a plug weld with a flange

-
Back