Bahama Yellow '69 Barracudas- Found one

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Found a '69 bahama yellow fastback today at a buddies junk yard. Was wondering how common they are in this color? Paint is definately original...under spray bombed black coat that is now mostly gone. I don't think I've ever seen an early barracuda in this color. Has got me thinking maybe to pick it up and stash away.

Don't know what I was thinking by not taking any....am going back out there this coming weekend and will snap some.

Found a '69 bahama yellow fastback today at a buddies junk yard. Was wondering how common they are in this color? Paint is definately original...under spray bombed black coat that is now mostly gone. I don't think I've ever seen an early barracuda in this color. Has got me thinking maybe to pick it up and stash away.

Would that be a 999 paint code car. Never seen a bahama yellow 69 Barracuda. Never seen one in any of the 69 1/2 high impact colors that came with the A12 440-6 cars. Don't know if those were availible in Barracudas.

I have seen F6 and EV2 69 Darts though.

Would have been a special order paint code. Was available late in production year (think spring 69). I know from my digging for info on 69 swinger 340's the color was available but have never seen if before this weekend on a barracuda or a dart. It's definately its original color, I pulled back carpets, peeled back weatherstrip and checked all the nooks and crannies...its a bahama yellow one. When I go back this coming weekend Im going to check back seats for buildsheet and take pictures.
When I first saw it I was thinking someone must have repainted it but after really going over it am convinced its original. Is late production car as vin is 4xx,xxxx. Car is parted out so much but hopefully after rechecking it maybe it could be saved...especially if I can lock down color with a buildsheet. Neat nonetheless.

I had a 69 fastback in Bahama yellow about 12 or so years ago, it still had all factory paint in the jambs, trunk, engine compartment and most of the body. If memory serves me correctly, it was a 340 car with the black side stripe, I bought it as parts with no engine, took what I wanted and sold it to a local Mopar junk yard, it may still be sitting there, if it is I'll get pics of it the next time I'm out there.

what i found out when trying to find my paint code for my demon was 69 frist year for that color. dodge and plymouth called it differant name. here what it should look like. under hood is new but body is o/e 40year old paint

Attachments

• 20090924_106.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 20090924_89.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 386
  • P1011134.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 387
I had a 69 fastback in Bahama yellow about 12 or so years ago, it still had all factory paint in the jambs, trunk, engine compartment and most of the body. If memory serves me correctly, it was a 340 car with the black side stripe, I bought it as parts with no engine, took what I wanted and sold it to a local Mopar junk yard, it may still be sitting there, if it is I'll get pics of it the next time I'm out there.

Not Clays place is it?

Not Clays place is it?

Yep!

I thought about it last night and I remember the car sitting in the yard a couple years ago but they had primed it. For a while there Clayton was priming everything before they sold them.

Plymouth did use the color on the Roadrunner in 69 as well, A buddy of mine had a 69 Runner that color in the 70's, he still has a pic of it hanging on his wall.

Yep!

I thought about it last night and I remember the car sitting in the yard a couple years ago but they had primed it. For a while there Clayton was priming everything before they sold them.

Plymouth did use the color on the Roadrunner in 69 as well, A buddy of mine had a 69 Runner that color in the 70's, he still has a pic of it hanging on his wall.

Lol same car then. Primer is wearing off now.

Lol same car then. Primer is wearing off now.

It's a small world, it makes you wonder what happens to a car after you sell it.

I was at a cruise this weekend and a 67 Coronet 440 4dr. I had sold 9 years ago was there, it was a pretty depressing sight.

When I sold it, it had just turned 41000, the car was in perfect shape except for one fender had some issues, mechanically it was a new car, even the A/C blew cold and the interior was prefect. The last 9 years was not kind to this car, it was trashed and looked like any other white trash 43 year old 4dr with mags and stickers all over the windows. It was for sale and the guy was bragging it only had 77000 on it and he had just rebuilt the engine, (why? I don't know) the A/C was in the trunk, the interior looked like 177000 miles, the chrome on the dash that was perfect is worn and peeling, he was even bragging that he rewired the whole car. "FAIL" the wiring was run through holes in the firewall without grommets, nothing looked correct, it was basically trashed. He was proud of it though, his $4200 asking price showed it.

-
Back