Barn Find

-
Casey, I never knew the hood treatment was avail. in white. That would be neat. My 72 has the white side/tail stripes, white vtop and int., with a black hood treatment. And it is B3.

Grant

nice find, love the color combo

I do know where a barn is that has many 60's muscle cars and one is a 69 Dart Swinger 340 auto car. Very low mile car been sitting since about '76. It was hidden so not to be lost in a divorce and sat so long the original owner was afraid to try and start it. Allen bought it many years ago and it has been in his barn ever since. He was going to do his superbee and had others to work on. I should check on this one to see if he would sell it.
hell yea wildcat. that would be mighty sweet if he did want to sell it.. let us know what else he has in that barn of 'ol goodies..

white hood and a 4 speed ? My wife would be making the arrangements now. MOPAR HEAVEN mike

Casey, I never knew the hood treatment was avail. in white. That would be neat. My 72 has the white side/tail stripes, white vtop and int., with a black hood treatment. And it is B3.

Grant

I have seen two black cars and one super yellow (I think) car with the white stripe scheme. The two black cars were from late '71. All three being "original paint / options" '72 cars.
The stripe was only on the A59 package for the '71 model year - all were black that I know of.

One of the black '72 models with white hood treatment can be found on this site. Link below.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1334

One thing I noticed is the white side and tail stripes and the black stripes on the hood. I have never seen that combo before.

Jack

hood blackout meant just that "black" there was no other color offered for those stripes for the hood. part number in the 72 parts book lists only one hood stripe as part number #3373982-3

I have seen two black cars and one super yellow (I think) car with the white stripe scheme. The two black cars were from late '71. All three being "original paint / options" '72 cars.
The stripe was only on the A59 package for the '71 model year - all were black that I know of.

One of the black '72 models with white hood treatment can be found on this site. Link below.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1334

that car is not original! i talked to tx9 and he later found out the same thing. original owner had the hood stripes changed to black. this is why the outline of the scoop can be seen when he removed it also.

hood blackout meant just that "black" there was no other color offered for those stripes for the hood.

Why is it then that few of the '72 Demons came off the line with the multi-stripe hood decals in white? I have seen original cars with the white hood multi-stripe. The stripe and pinstripes around are decals. They are not painted. I have also seen the hood scoop painted white to go with it.
The TX9 car here in Fort Worth is a 90 point car that is original from the Windsor plant. A build sheet that came with the car even has "white multi."
hand written at the bottom.
I am not arguing I am asking...

Why is it then that few of the '72 Demons came off the line with the multi-stripe hood decals in white? I have seen original cars with the white hood multi-stripe. The stripe and pinstripes around are decals. They are not painted. I have also seen the hood scoop painted white to go with it.
The TX9 car here in Fort Worth is a 90 point car that is original from the Windsor plant. A build sheet that came with the car even has "white multi."
hand written at the bottom.
I am not arguing I am asking...

there is no documentation to show white stripes, only black. white stripes w/ a black scoop would look hideouse (sp) in my opinion. the part book also only lists one scoop black pn# 3373984-5 . if someone had the money i would assume chrysler would do what you wanted, but all factory data books only say "black out" . with this being said i stick to my answer. ps my demon is also a tx9 original w/ white interior, white top,and white stripes. it came whith black scoop and stripes on the hood. how do i know this? well i have the complete history of the car and have talked to the original owner as well as every other owner.

more pics yall

car pictures 037.jpg

car pictures 035.jpg

car pictures 038.jpg

car pictures 040.jpg

there is no documentation to show white stripes, only black. white stripes w/ a black scoop would look hideouse (sp) in my opinion. the part book also only lists one scoop black pn# 3373984-5 . if someone had the money i would assume chrysler would do what you wanted, but all factory data books only say "black out" . with this being said i stick to my answer. ps my demon is also a tx9 original w/ white interior, white top,and white stripes. it came whith black scoop and stripes on the hood. how do i know this? well i have the complete history of the car and have talked to the original owner as well as every other owner.

If what I have seen is not original and is in some way "fake" I have learned a great deal from you today. His car does not have a black scoop over the white multi-stripe. The scoop is white as well. If that was done at Windsor at the factory is that not considered factory? Even if it was not on a sales ad or option list? You could order a chartreuse or magenta vinyl stripe on a Challenger could you not? I think its not a question if it was documented-
you seem like you must read alot and know things others might not.
I think that the possibility of it happening is great. More wild things have came out of the factories from Chrysler than this. Not documented.
I am going to bookmark your page- I can learn alot from you it seems.

gotta love a time capsule neat marks under the hood when i found my car it had all the grease marks also cool looks like original starter regulator. man that car looks straight

hey mplsmyke....out of curiosity do you know the story with the mirrors? it seems the passenger side has been replaced at on time or another with a chrome mirror. what mirror combo are you going to go with painted or chrome?

-
Back