Barn Find

-
This is how I found my Demon last year,sitting since '84.

car pictures 021.jpg

car pictures 017.jpg

car pictures 024.jpg

More than likely it's one of those "Oh I'm going to fix it one day." deals.

There`s a guy down the street from me sitting on a 69 Formula-S 340 Barracuda and he gives me that line every time I stop and offer to buy that car. Meanwhile the car turns to dust!:angry7:

There`s a guy down the street from me sitting on a 69 Formula-S 340 Barracuda and he gives me that line every time I stop and offer to buy that car. Meanwhile the car turns to dust!:angry7:

I know the feeling. There is a 69 Plymouth Road Runner sitting and turning into dust less than a mile from my house. People stop by all of the time asking to buy it. I'm the only that probably hasn't ask about it but through the grapevine he won't sell it anyways. I turn around near it everytime I do a text drive in the cuda to head back to the house. A old black man owns it. I need to swing by there and take some pictures of it. I remember being sixteen and wanting that car... I'm 38 now.

Holy BALLS!!! I know....the guy is gona restore em someday...right? I call bullshit. Have you talked to the guy? Are they for sale? Need help? They've been sitting there so long that one of em has sunk half way up on the wheels. The only bonus i can see is that they are sitting in a dry climate. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Why is it when these guys have these cars and they say they are going to get to them "one day", they just leave them sinking in the mud? I mean how much can it cost to block them up and put a tarp over them and under them and try to protect them from the moisture. Its a shame to see those things being treated like that.
Good luck with that GTX its a beauty.

Why is it when these guys have these cars and they say they are going to get to them "one day", they just leave them sinking in the mud? I mean how much can it cost to block them up and put a tarp over them and under them and try to protect them from the moisture. Its a shame to see those things being treated like that.
Good luck with that GTX its a beauty.

It's how they get there "jollys". They think that by having that car makes them very important or something. And if they get rid of it then there is no more attention that they was getting. Creepy isn't it! :-D

Have any of you guys ever thought that maybe having the car for "someday" is the only dream that these people might have?
Maybe it's the only thing they used to enjoy that hasn't been taken away from them, for whatever reason.
These type of cars aren't usually parked in front of a well to do person's house.
Maybe they found out the reqirements to restore them exceeded their abilities/finances, but they are hoping for that to improve.
What always stupified me was, if they care so much for them, why aren't they being protected to at least some degree? The same thing happens with old trucks, cars, tractors, you name it.
The other thing I wondered about, is why stuff like this seems to have no value to the person, until you ask it they'd sell it? Then it's worth gold...which only makes it stranger why they let it rot.
I'm not trying to defend people like this, just trying to understand them.
I kept my 72 Duster for 25 years, until it finally became clear that I wasn't likely to be able to afford to finish all my projects by being pulled in too many directions. And spending money on them all. None of them get done! So I sold it. But at least mine stayed inside all that time.
OK, I'm done now!
Alan

man that demon looked to have been in killer shape. Any more pics?
thanks, bought from the original owner that was going to"fixer up" some day. That day never came for 23 years

jeep and dodge and puffin 007.jpg

-
Back