Barracuda 1967 Hood to radiator seal.

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I just got new seal for hood to radiator and clips not exactly sure how it goes on Plus the hood to cowl, can anyone show pictures of this. This is for a 1967 barracuda. Thanks in advance.

Oops! I just went out to take the photo and found that neither car has this seal. I took it off the GTX to allow hot engine air to escape. I guess a previous owner of the Cuda removed it for unknown reasons.

There are a series of holes in the hood near the cowl. This is for the seal clips.

Here are a couple of photos of the seal clip on the seal:

One photo is the front and one is the rear side. Though hard to see, the clips are like staples thru the seal. If your clips are not installed on the seal already, then you may have to cut each slot carefully and manually insert the clip tangs and bend them over. This may be difficult, but not impossible. Let me know if you have any more questions.

From what I know, 66 and 67 are the same(kinda odd since every time I look for anything, it's a one year only thing). Anyway, here is my 66. If it isn't the same , disregard. If it is the same and you need more info, PM me. Dennis

cowl_zps32353dd5.jpg

cowl4_zps9d2ee536.jpg

cowl3_zpsa4507d7f.jpg

cowl5_zpsea2b1b13.jpg

cowl1_zps030e34d9.jpg

Hi Tom, I re-read the original post and I see that I did not catch that you are looking for the info on the front seal to the radiator. My photos are of the rear seal. The photos that Valiant 1966 posted look correct for the clips, but the shape of the seal is different, plus my seal is installed reverse of that shown in the photo. The clips can be seen under the seal flap when looking from front to rear instead of from looking rear to front. Here is another photo . (click on this to see the larger photo.)

My seal is very brittle and old but since there is no cutout for the bumper stop, it seems that it may not be an original. If your newsealhas a cutout for the bump stops, install it so the cutouts line up correctly.

These pictures should help thanks alot guys. Im gonna check it out now so I will let you no how it went.

Is this a "sometime" thing? I can find no evidence that either my running 67 nor the parts car ever had this seal

On my 68 the open side faces the front, the closed side faces the back. From the looks of mine, an original, it can only go one way and fit correctly.

Mine also is an original. I know the history of this car from day one. There are "pockets" in the inner sheet metal of the hood where the bumpers rest. Even if I would turn the seal around, they would not line up with those "pockets". Like 1968FormulaS340 says, mine can only go on one way.
Mine is getting brittle and a couple of small pieces(about the size of a pencil eraser) fell off while taking pics and handling. Like I said, I can more pics if it helps short of removing it. Dennis

I got mine on last night it fit good and as far as the bumpers, it kinda goes around it not over it.

-
Back