Barracuda A/C vents install- pics needed

-

rob_robinson87

Reaction score
I'm in the process of adding the factory chrome A/C vents to the bottom of a non-A/C dash (making a custom/factory looking setup). Can anyone post pictures of how they attach to the bottom of the dash of a 67-69 Barracuda/Dart? Mine is actually a 68 in case there is a difference with the wrap around dash. Right now, I don't see any holes or attachment points that line up with the vents. The vents I have came off a
'69 dart.

I also think I'm missing the wrap around soft dash material that goes around the bottom of these vents. Anyone have any (any color, I can dye to match). How would this be attached also? There is a piece of velcro on the bottom of the vents I have, but I was unsure if that was factory or an addition from a previous owner.

Any pictures or advice would be appreciated.

There is a piece of steel that serves as a renforcement and hanger for the vent assembly. It has 2 threaded studs welded on it. The evnt goes on those and you'll use a deep well socket to install the nuts from the bottom up.
I have a 68 only lower pad for theat vent assembly in B5 blue. It installs with small sheet metal screws into the vent assembly, agin from the bottom up. I might sell that pad and send you the vent support. PM me with an offer I can't refuse .LOL

Well, it looks like Redfish has the pad I'm looking for, but he didn't have the vent support bracket. Anyone have a spare out there? Redfish says they are the same up to 1976? This is the bracket with the studs that mounts to the bottom of the dash that the vent assembly mounts to.

Thanks everyone!
Rob Robinson

Ok guys Here is a pic of the a/c vent support but I don't have a spare ( or if its here I can't find it ).
PM the thread starter if you have one to let go of. Cheers

vent support.JPG

Thanks to wonderful group of individuals, I got my bracket I was looking for. Now, the fun part- figuring out where to mount the bracket. My car doesn't seem to have the drilled holes for the A/C support bracket. Could someone measure the location of the holes for the bracket? Picture would help too if someone happens to have a car with the bracket removed. But, if not possible, measurements would be great! THANKS GROUP!!!

Can anyone verify that the cutout on this vent support bracket lines up with the stamped hole under the bottom (where the ashtray is)? And, does the bend go towards the back or towards the front? Need to drill some holes for this bracket.

I got a 75 parts car with A/C. If the weather straightens up enough I'll look tomorrow. Maybe pictures. Winter sucks.

Yeah it does, thanks!
I don't want to install this bracket wrong. Hate to drill more than one set of holes.

I have to go out to the garage later this evening to take pics of parts 4 sale.I,ll snap some pics of my A/C vents and brackets from my 68 Barracuda with factory A/C for ya.Later.

Wow! Looks familiar! Actually, I'm trying to make sure I get the centering correct. The dash has no holes at the time for the bracket that mounts on before bolting on the vents. Can you provide a measurement of how far that bracket is from the left side? Say from the screwhole of the steering column cover, to the edge of the black bolt-on bracket? The bracket has a cutout on it that looks like it should line up with a stamped hole under the ashtray... is that correct??

just removed old under the dash chrome vent unit, on my 66 barracuda, it has 2 long bolts right up thur the bottom of dash..i am rebuiding car, is to be done in march, when i get back from fl for the winter,, i put in a under the dash 8 track!!!!!compresser was gone, did not want air, my 6cy has a cam kit and running a 4 barrel,it has taken 1 yr, to get all done. drive safe friend bob decatur il said that

just removed old under the dash chrome vent unit, on my 66 barracuda, it has 2 long bolts right up thur the bottom of dash..i am rebuiding car, is to be done in march, when i get back from fl for the winter,, i put in a under the dash 8 track!!!!!compresser was gone, did not want air, my 6cy has a cam kit and running a 4 barrel,it has taken 1 yr, to get all done. drive safe friend bob decatur il said that

i was very interested if you still have, or will sell the under dash a/c vents if they are in good shape. please email me at [email protected] thank you and God Bless

-
Back