Barracuda bucket seat question

-

alexr1905

Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering if anyoine had measurements of their bucket seats? I bought a set and the bottoms look really wide for a barracuda my car didnt come with seats when i bought it and dont want to order the covers until i know they will work on my seats

20200416_202301.jpg

20200416_202306.jpg

20200416_210626.jpg

20200416_210626.jpg

20200416_210638.jpg

20200416_210652.jpg

20200416_210700.jpg

Pics of the backside would help as well the mounts!

Not from an A-Body, those tracks look like truck tracks, Mopar car tracks are flat on the bottom and have studs tht stick through the floor, a lot of trucks mount on a seperate base and bolt from the side...

Not from an A-Body, those tracks look like truck tracks, Mopar car tracks are flat on the bottom and have studs tht stick through the floor, a lot of trucks mount on a separate base and bolt from the side...
Early A-body were also 2 piece, tracks bolted onto risers, just as you described for trucks and vans.

As mentioned, you have the bottom track mount pieces? Two piece track system......

If you want to confirm these are 65 a-body seat frames, at minimum you'll need to provide measurements of bolt holes where tracks are bolted on. In many cases the b-body used the same bucket frame as a-body, with wider foam hanging over its sides. I don't know if that applies to 65 or not. Others, like b-body, could have had a different trim on the sides. I don't know if your pics of that is enough detail to confirm application. Good luck

I forgot about the earlier seats, yes there will be a second set of rails that bolt to the floor.

Figured it out someone make shifted a fix for the seat covers.

20200417_083953.jpg

20200417_090021.jpg

Those seats can be from an "A" or a "B" body because they are the same frame/spring assembly from '63-'65 as others indicated. The original upholstered seat back you uncovered reminds me of a '63 Valiant Signet so I think that was their original application but my memory is fallible . I agree with others that the missing risers/tracks are what make them "A" or "B" body specific. As far as ordering upholstery, go ahead it will fit fine on those frames as long as you use the correct original foam as others have suggested. Even without the original foam the reproduced covers fit well as long as the upholstery shop builds up their stuffing to roughly match the original foams shape and volume. To know if you can bolt them easily into your "A" body you'd need to post pics of the risers/tracks for others to see to confirm if they are "A" or "B" body parts. Your concern over their width is understandable. When bolted into an "A" body these seats were very close together almost forming a bench. There was never room between them for a full length console like in later years.

-
Back