-
Status
Not open for further replies.

VDART

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Contact seller
I found this in my stash of parts--- it is the black top boot. the white one is for a dart the black one is for a barracuda 67-69. I bought this when I thought 67-69 converts were the same.
The item is in nice used shape /ready to put on your car--
$75/bo shipped(int'l will be $$$ extra) -- or will trade for a like condition black 69 dart top boot.
Thanks ,part is at 67209 ,Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 134 (Large).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 186
  • summer2011 135 (Large).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 189
The white one looks shaped exactly like the used black one and the new red one I have for my 67 B'cuda. The black one doesn't look familiar at all. Good luck

The black one looks like it's for a BIG car, like a full size Chrysler, Pontiac Catalina or a Caddy or something. It's almost a foot longer than the Dart one you have pictured.
I have the original boot from my 69 Dart (It's all beat to hell) and it looks just like your white one.

George

anyone have a 67-69 barracuda top boot pictures - off the car- for reference, I'm going to count the snaps & see-- plus check for any markings on the under side. Lawrence

I copied redfishes pics to this thread--- the top 1 is my boot with my white dart boot, the other 2 are from aforementioned member (thanks for the picture).
I think it is for a barracuda-- although either homemade --or customized for the particular car it was on. I compared it to the dart cover I have & the width is almost identical-- no way it fits a big car.. I counted the snaps -- it only has 18-- my dart has 25 just around the top.
If only I could remember back to the purchase years ago--

It looks closer to the barracuda than the dart (shoot! it might chevy/ford?)-- round line towards at the back, it also has two pockets on either side for the backseat area. i'll get a picture of the underside later, most likely i was duped into buying something it is not & i cannot use. thanks for the discussion, Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 133 (Large).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 150
  • S6304285.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 145
  • S6304284.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 150
Ben

When you get a chance please check your PM's. I left a message and I'm still interested in the conv. boot.

Carl

here the back side of the top boot.

Attachments

• summer2011 143 (Large).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 153
The rear line to dutchman panel on the white boot doesn't look as rounded as the Barracuda boot in my pic. I've never looked that close at a dart vert, I just assumed they were the same. Someone like Legondary would know if Dart and Barracuda boots are different. I think anything from 70 up would be different.

The rear line to dutchman panel on the white boot doesn't look as rounded as the Barracuda boot in my pic. I've never looked that close at a dart vert, I just assumed they were the same. Someone like Legondary would know if Dart and Barracuda boots are different. I think anything from 70 up would be different.

1967-69 Barracuda and 1967-69 Dart convertibles use different boots. Barracuda is rounded and Dart has long points on each corner toward the trunk corners.

anyone interested? flexible on price-- decent piece just will not fit my dart. thanks Lawrence

Here is the Barrcuda boot installed on a car. Thie Barracuda boot had the same flaps around the back seat just like the white Dart one in the OP post. The black one in the OP post has the snaps in the wrong pattern.

Attachments

• Barracuda Conv boot.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back