[WANTED] Barracuda convertible

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for pics....rhats a great peoject, and very valuable car..but its a little more than i can pay at this time for a project...although ot is well worth what your asking, but i have to pass, wish i could buy
it...: (

I know of one that will be for sale at some point in the future. It's a '68 slant/3sp stick car. It'll be running/driving/presentable, as far as I know. He's a member here, as well...California car.

I know of one that will be for sale at some point in the future. It's a '68 slant/3sp stick car. It'll be running/driving/presentable, as far as I know. He's a member here, as well...California car.
Sounds more like what im looking gor, thank you

We've got one here in Easley SC. It was born a gold slant 6 with black guts and top no frills vert. I bought it as roller, no motor or trans, 7.25 rear. I would have to dig for a poorleroy shot of what it looked like back then. Anyway... Son and I took it completely apart intending to build white with metallic red guts and white top commando car. Something like pic attached. Most of the sheet metal in good condition. Most of the trim in very good condition, just needs polishing.
Fast forward nearly 30 years and its still here, still apart. Majority of parts to build what we wanted are here along with all the OEM parts. 2 dashes, a black and a red, 4 buckets, 2 black 2 red, 2 steering wheels, the OEM black and a NOS red. Even elbow pads for the doors, OEM black, NOS red. New white vinyl top, new red seat covers and top boot, new red carpet, new windshield, the commando engine carb to pan. 73 model K with disc brakes under it, 74 model 8.25 rear is open 323 gear. Rally wheels w/new centers and lug nuts. Most everything except automatic transmission and drive shaft, shocks, odds and ends.
New quarter skins, new cam and lifters, torsion bars, 6 leaf rear springs, 150 mph speedo, I could list parts all day. Instead of saying I have a vert for sale I'll say I have 2 truck loads of parts toward building one. Buyer would sell off all the extra duplicate parts to help fund the missing odds and ends.
There have been times over the past 10 years when I say out loud that I would take 2500 for it all just to get it gone / out from under foot. Wife gets all kind of pizzed. She knows I have around 5000 invested. We meet in the middle at 3800 rather than argue. It doesn't bother her to look at it, step over it, etc,,, so it lays here.

69 vert 16k obo.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back