barracuda fastback carpet

-

426hemiduster

hemiduster
Reaction score
First I would like to thank all the helpful people who have made my project easier by sharing their knowledge, so onto my next problem. I ordered a 68 fastback carpet set from legendary and it was drop shipped from alltrim. The back seat carpet, although marked fastback does not extend back to cover the gap between the rear seat and the quarter panel. I called alltrim and they said they only make one style [if this is correct why is it tagged fastback?] Do I have the wrong vendor? I hate to wait another couple weeks to get this resolved, if all the carpet sets are like this maybe I will just go ahead and install it...

Hmm got me stumped. I thought Legendary made their own stuff. Carpet doesnt sound right, I would call Legendary on Monday, they have great customer service.

The carpet kit I bought years ago was like that also. I just cut and glued a couple of pieces of black carpet on either side, can't hardly tell it's there.

It would be nice if they fit out of the box though.

everybody gets their carpet kits from ACC that's why it's half price to buy direct from them , the full correct kit for your car should have 9 piece's , including the 5 pieces for the rear package area -2 sides the floor the trunk panel and the rear seatback plus the 2 main floor pieces and the console strips makes 9 pieces total .

everybody gets their carpet kits from ACC that's why it's half price to buy direct from them , the full correct kit for your car should have 9 piece's , including the 5 pieces for the rear package area -2 sides the floor the trunk panel and the rear seatback plus the 2 main floor pieces and the console strips makes 9 pieces total .

I was curious about that first part myself. This is a copy and paste from StockInteriors' website just as an FYI ...

"Does Stock Interiors manufacture the products you sell?

No, we are an aftermarket automotive interior product retailer. We sell products from several of the top named manufacturers in the automotive aftermarket industry including ACC, ACME, Newark, Accuform and more."

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that ACC is a sub division of the famous Georgia Carpet Mills but I'm not positive , I do know they will cut and form your kit in just about any type of carpet you want . I bought mine about 4 years ago now but at the time it was just a little more than 1/2 the price of Legendary or any of the other restoration supply houses . I think at the time I also read something about staying away from anybody offering a 2pc kit as they didn't fit and were of poor quality carpet but like I said above it has been several years and things do change .

I got a call back from Heather at Legendary, they are sending a rear carpet with the rear seat extensions, they were very responsive. I will use them again!

-
Back