Barracuda rear windows

-

dodgedave68

Reaction score
So how far down do 1964 barracuda rear windows roll down?

both of mine roll down about two inches - I havent pulled the panels or anything yet - but they both go down exactly the same distance

I thought they were built to rolled down all the way

Yup, they should roll all the way down. Try pushing the front edge of the glass firmly but gently toward the back as you try to crank the window down. When the mechanism has sat around for a long time they tend to stick. probably need cleaned and lubed. maybe even new rollers......

Pull the interior panel off and lube everything in site. If you force the crank, you're more than likely going to bend the regulator or strip the gear.

I have to give them a little push back to roll down all the way too.

Hi;

My '64 vert val did exactly the same thing when I bought it. You should probably pull the rear seat, then the door panels and plastic liners, this will allow access to the window regulators. Spray on some penetrating fluid, or use a solvent soaked brush, and clean up the old dried up grease from the roller channels, slap some white grease on everything, work them up and down a few times, clean up the mess, put the panels etc. back on, then roll the windows down and go for a cruise!

Dan

-
Back