Barracuda road trip 09

-
thanks for the inspiration I've been sitting here trying to decide if I'm going to the Mansion or not { I swore for three years I would only go if I can drive the Cuda } and with this probably being the last chance year I gotta try so L.A look-out I'm coming next month this is just the thread I needed to see :cheers:

Thats what I like to hear. Just go for it.
I sold a rusty 72 Charger for $1,500.00 to fund my trip. I had that car a long time and will miss it. Even though it sat out at my dads for the last 14 years, sometimes they grow on ya.
I think this trip was worth it. I had the time, had the cash and not tied down. No wife and kids, not even a girlfriend :-D. Just me and my wheels! So why not go!?

More

100_0082.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Utah
100_0142.jpg

Some tunes?
100_0146.jpg

Wakie, wakie
100_0182.jpg

100_0180.jpg

Monument Valley campsite
100_0184.jpg

100_0193.jpg

100_0209.jpg

CO I think.

This looks like a view of the hogback while driving east or west on 70 but west of Glenwood Springs, CO.

100_0067.jpg

Pretty sure this is the entrance to the state park just outside of Grand Junction...or maybe New Mexico out on I-40.

100_0072.jpg

Nice pictures and glad you had a good trip. Even the breakdowns and manifold munchies are all worthwhile and being able to fix your own stuff just makes you feel that much more independent when you return. I took a few long trips on my motorcycle back in the day and I'll never forget them, chances are, you will never forget this trip either.

Thanks for sharing man and post more pics if you got 'em. :cheers:

Dude love that fact you went for a cruise...and end up across a nation!

Here is as far a a cruise can go in Oahu!

Lil blue in Waikiki 8-30-09 small copy.jpg

Man! You put a lot of us to shame with your willingness to get behind the wheel and just DRIVE! I'm building my Scamp as a daily driver, but I've got a long way to go before I'm as comfortable as you with my ability to fix what might go wrong.

Travelling alone is also a ballsy decision. I once did a 1300 mile bike trip alone, and you can't believe how open and friendly people can be when you're on your own. Kudos!! :cheers:

Man! You put a lot of us to shame with your willingness to get behind the wheel and just DRIVE! I'm building my Scamp as a daily driver, but I've got a long way to go before I'm as comfortable as you with my ability to fix what might go wrong.

Travelling alone is also a ballsy decision. I once did a 1300 mile bike trip alone, and you can't believe how open and friendly people can be when you're on your own. Kudos!! :cheers:

I did talk to a lot of very nice people. I had some German kids at Monument Valley take pictures of me driving by and tell me I had a beautiful car. Also chatted with an older guy from Australia about my car for a bit in the Black Hills. The guys in North Platte were super helpful. Its seems when your alone and far from home, people are just a little nicer. Every person I talked to was really cool. I don't think the trip could have been much better.

i've lived in utah my whole life, and have never been to any of that...:(

Well, you ain't dead yet! You could see a lot of what I did in a much shorter amount of time. Get going!

So true, so true! Just get in, shut up, sit down and drive! I like paper maps to fustrate me, the Garmins are great and talk anoyingly, (SP! YIKES!) beats paper though. LOL

Just have a fist full of cash and a debit card and your off. Call me when you get to Jersey, getting through NYC is a tuffy.

Inspires me to take the time to do something similiar.My Dart is a rough ride(poly bushings).I would probably do it in a B Body.The pics were great.
Just Do It.
Remember guys you can't take it with you.

excellent .

you would do well in magazine photo shoots...

-
Back