Barret Jackson

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here been a bidder at Barret Jackson? Is there a vast difference between sale prices at different venues? Seems like Palm Beach would bring bigger bids than less affluent areas. If i'm gonna buy, where is the best place for the bidder?

and, the Barrett effect:

26814435_10213271012402432_8517638220455136509_n.jpg

There is no difference between venues. Buyers scout the listings and show up for the cars they want...at whatever venue they are being auctioned at.

I went to the BJ Scottsdale in 2008 and a couple of locals told me the place to buy is at Russo and Steel, and the place to sell is Barrett Jackson.

Russo and Steele auction is, or at least was on at the same time as Barrett Jackson in 2008.

Last edited:
Has anyone here been a bidder at Barret Jackson? Is there a vast difference between sale prices at different venues? Seems like Palm Beach would bring bigger bids than less affluent areas. If i'm gonna buy, where is the best place for the bidder?
Depends on the car. Keep in mind Scottsdale draws a lot of California $$

The stupid Corvettes are going for stupid money! Stupid!

Someone paid 250K for, according to Chris Jacobs (supposed mopar guy), a 69 Plymouth Superbird.

Good to see the Daytona going for a quarter million

And we wonder why all the BJ folks are smiling?
As I watch the money fly around at this auction I do not have a problem seeing people spending that kind of money. For the most part they have been successful and if that's their thing great. My only hope is the also don't forget to be charitable as well. Just my .02

They can't buy if they can't cover the bid. Good for them. I feel fortunate to own a couple old cars to enjoy. Neither are BJ quality but that's ok. Us guys back here involved in the secondary market are having lots of fun.

Guess the charity Corvette just answered my question. $1,4000,000 for G. Ws. veterans project.

Same favorites every year
Early t bird and vettes
63 - 67 vettes
55 - 57 chev
Early camaro,chevelle and mustangs
Early B and E bodies
And anything unique!

It’s a show. It’s dumb. Isn’t it like 10% buyer premium and 10% seller premium. Why waste the money.

Looked at prices from early in week, and some Mopars went reasonable. But quality goes up on Fri n Sat to spur crazy prices. Bidders like celebrity cars and resto-mods a lot.

-
Back