Barrett-Jackson Survey

-
I love the A-bodys but, a 70 Chrysler 300, full tube chassis, full Indy engine topped with 2 F-1 (possibly bigger) prochargers with a Lenco trans and a 4 Link rear with a Fab 9 housing, with 10.5 dot slicks on the rear and bicycle wheels on the front. Paint it pure black with red pinstriping, some black leather bucket seats with full bench seat in the rear, 10 point roll cage in there as well to top it all off!!!

lets see this is for an every day driver...................ummmmm. well due to the fact that they paint the salt on the roads with a roller here i don't think that i could drive some thing older. i think that my daily driver would have to be a 300 srt8. then fix up my valiant for weekend use.

this would be my car...

6820SOX26MARTIN20SUPER20STOCK20CUDA.jpg

And this would be my truck...

CCT.jpg

CCT426.jpg

What is a CSS?
CSS stands for Custom Sports Special.
CSS is a trim package and could be ordered on D&W 100, 200, Sweptline, Utiline, and Chassis cabs type trucks. The CSS package was offer from 1964 thru 1966 but examples of 1967 CSS's were produced.The package consists of various parts pulled from other vehicles. The CSS option was around $235.
The trim package includes:

Bucket seats (Dodge Dart)
Center console (Dodge Polara)
Carpet on floor and gas tank (hand cut and stitched instead of pre-molded pieces)
Chrome bumpers
Racing stripes
Motor options include 225 slant six, 318 poly head V-8 and HP 426W (only on D100 and D200)
if you have Dodge ads or brochures that show the CSS package being offered in 1967 i would be interested in acquiring a copy - see contact info below.

What is a HPP truck?
HPP stands for High Performance Package. The HP Package could only be ordered on D100 and D200 long bed trucks. .The package was officially offered from 1964 thru 1965 HOWEVER verified examples of a 1963 and a 1966 truck have been produced. The HP package was again pieced together from other Dodge assembly lines to create the package. This Package was retailed for over $1200.
The HP Package includes:
365 hp 426 cubic inch Street Wedge and 727 pushbutton transmission (early "Palomino" trucks came with 413 engines)
Power Steering
Heavy Duty instruments with 6000 RPM electronic Sun brand tachometer
Dual Exhaust
Torque Rods (Chrysler Imperial - above axle traction bars)

How Many are Known to Exists?

A CSS trim equipped truck with the 426 Wedge is a combination of the two packages described above. I classify the 426 powered CSS machines as CSS/HPP equipped trucks. Verified examples in the registry of HPP equipped trucks are all LWB in D100's and D200.
Currently the CSS/HPP Registry has the full range of trucks in the database.

Visit the registry page for a spreadsheet listing all trucks in registry.

Please note: not all trucks listed above appear in the online "public" side of registry per the owners request.

What is a Data Plate?
A Data plates is mounted on the Driver's side door pillar and contains all certified information pertaining to that truck including GVW, spring capacities, axle ratio, wheel base, net horse power, etc. A 426 powered truck would be stamped "SPECIAL" in most boxes.
This Data plate example is from my 1964 HPP only truck.

What is a SERT Sticker?
Any non-standard part would be listed on the SERT sticker. SERT stands for Special Equipment Release Truck.

All part-group part numbers of the non-standard options are listed on the SERT sticker along with the SERT summary (The SERT summary is a part number that summarizes what is in the group). Each SERT number corresponds to a SERT sheet, which the production line would use to add the part to the truck either on the line or in the 9190 repair department at the end of the line.

In the case of a CSS/HPP truck it would list two summaries - the CSS trim package and the High Performance package.

The SERT sticker shown here is from my non-CSS HPP 426 machine.
Please Note: the CSS trim package can ONLY be verified by a SERT sticker or Build sheet.

What is a SERT Sheet?
The SERT sheet is a series of sheets that help the assembly line build and produce a dodge truck with non-standard options.

While similar to a Build Sheet the SERT sheet is different in that it lists every nut, bolt, washer, bracket, part, and hose that will be used in the addition of the special ordered part.

This example is the summary for the 426-wedge engine option and there are over 11 pages that make up the total SERT sheets for that group.
What is a Build Sheet?
The Build Sheet or forecast sheet is what the factory uses to construct the truck. It has the born-on date and the order in which it was to be built. It also includes a list of standard parts and what options will be included on that truck.

This example is from my 1964 D100 426 truck and was found in the seat springs next to another handwritten build sheet with SERT numbers listed for that truck.

How Easy is it to Verify a CSS and or HPP truck?
Data plates and/or SERT stickers easily verify all examples. Each example can be cross-referenced to each other for part group numbers and SERT summaries. -

Just for fun, I’ll tell you what I would drive.
I guess have a different idea than the other newly rich.
I don’t want to look showy.
The idea is that if you have money you become a target to the crazies.
Like it or not, there are mean people out there.
So the question is how to freely drive what you want to, still let it be a cool MOPAR and stay under the weirdo radar.
My car would look like this on the outside but the drive train would look like this.
OK, not exactly like either picture. But you get he idea.
The body would be strait and painted with tires that would take advantage of the best suspension ever made. (Torsion Bar) LOL
A picture is worth a thousand words and I would be worth a few million.
(Even after giving most to charity)

Did you ever wonder if Bill Gates could exactly reproduce a one of one car if he wanted to? Down to the grease stains. Down to the paperwork.
Down to the dust on the dash board.
One you couldn’t tell the difference between the two.
An exact duplicate of the new original car.
One it would take a CSI team to tell the difference.
(Or not)
Just like in the movies.
The question is would it be worth the same as the “original”.
In other words, what’s the difference?
Hell, the way I see it some of these great “restorations” are nothing more than building a new car from pieces.
But I guess that’s a different thread.

joe dirt.jpg

hemi.jpg

Yea I Wan't To Drive The **** Out Of This Thing. Complete Suspension Upgrade Tubed To **** And A Larger Hemi. Around 750 HP. But It Has To Have All The Extras Like Back Seat. Real Windows And Kick *** Music Station. Other Car Would Have To Be A New Top Of Line 4x4 Quad Cap Hemi Powered Ram.

1938 Plymouth De Luxe Model P6 Convertible Coupé with a twin turbo hemi. Tubbed and low. with all the new amentities like mp3 player, kick *** sound system, heated seats/mirrors, new a/c and heat

1938 Plymouth.jpg

I would just keep this one :) and get the Challenger just to have some fun up and down my Full on drag strip driveway as I would only use it to go get the paper each morning :D

cudawithwelds.jpg

mtm.jpg

Just for fun, I’ll tell you what I would drive.
I guess have a different idea than the other newly rich.
I don’t want to look showy.
The idea is that if you have money you become a target to the crazies.
Like it or not, there are mean people out there.
So the question is how to freely drive what you want to, still let it be a cool MOPAR and stay under the weirdo radar.
My car would look like this on the outside but the drive train would look like this.
OK, not exactly like either picture. But you get he idea.
The body would be strait and painted with tires that would take advantage of the best suspension ever made. (Torsion Bar) LOL
A picture is worth a thousand words and I would be worth a few million.
(Even after giving most to charity)

Did you ever wonder if Bill Gates could exactly reproduce a one of one car if he wanted to? Down to the grease stains. Down to the paperwork.
Down to the dust on the dash board.
One you couldn’t tell the difference between the two.
An exact duplicate of the new original car.
One it would take a CSI team to tell the difference.
(Or not)
Just like in the movies.
The question is would it be worth the same as the “original”.
In other words, what’s the difference?
Hell, the way I see it some of these great “restorations” are nothing more than building a new car from pieces.
But I guess that’s a different thread.

I love your taste. I would drive that bird just like it looks, well maybe make the headlights go up and down. The only hint to whats under the hood would be the exhaust sound and the cage. :)

TopHat

I'd spend it all seeking out my Dads 1970 440 six pack 4 speed Roadrunner convertible, red with a white bucket seat interior, 4:10 dana. As kids, we used to love when he popped up the air grabber next to his victims and watch their eyes bug out and try to beat us. Never did though, and left many in the dust. I remember his buddy Bob had a 70 GTX Hemi car, and every week he would come over with something else done to his car and off they'd go down to Telegraph rd. to race. Bob would get SOOOOO mad trying to beat the Roadrunner, but he never could. Ahh, the good old days. I'd like to get that car back and give it back to my dad, just the way it rolled off the line when he bought it. Geof

Tough questions but here they are:
Everyday driver is a '69 Charger 500, triple black, 6.1 Hemi, od auto trans, subtle electric blue pinstriping, updated leather interior.
Back up is a '69 Dart, Viper red, white bumblebee stripe, charcoal leather interior, 6.1 Hemi, manual shift reverse pattern 727, gear vendors od.
Guess it's time to quit dreaming and get busy building my Dart!

Oh yeah .... great minds think alike - but I'd have 68's and the Dart would be a different color. Think about it for 24 hours and my mind may change - but a bad-to-the-bone resto-modded Charger is a dream car of mine, and razor straight and black - yeppers.

No brainer. Blown Hemi General Lee with the horn set to go off every 15 minutes when it is parked.
Good one.

I want a Superbird, but how about a Big Willie Barracuda wing car as a daily driver?

bw.jpg

Damn this same thread is going on over on the hamb right now. I will say the same thing I said over there.

If I could have any car I wanted it would be one of these...

tk480503.jpg

and NO I wouldn't leave it stock. :snakeman:

3 cars I have wanted almost my entire life are my 66 Barracuda, original 66 shelby cobra 427, and a 65 Vette. Seeing as I already my fish, Id go for the Cobra since the only true original sold for 5.5 mil about a year ago (below) but this vette would be a close 2nd.

70 cuda convertable plum crazy withan all white interior and top
66 hemi charger, 69 fastback turbine bronze- well I got 1 out of 3 better get back to work to pay for the charger and the cuda is the lotto car

Ferrari Daytona - Then I'd race Badawg across the country in his Cobra. (Gumball Rally)

Ferrari Enzo - everyday driver.

'64 Dodge 330 S/S Hemi lightweight like my father raced in 64/65

Where to begin.. would love to finish the Dart. Then, 70 Roadrunner, 70 Superbee, a wing car, 59 Caddy Coupe DeVille, 67 Lemans, a Fargo or Sweptline pickup, a notchback Barracuda, and would love to put a 1st gen hemi in this, do up the drivetrain, but leave it looking like this:

DodgeRoyal2.jpg

Where to begin.. would love to finish the Dart. Then, 70 Roadrunner, 70 Superbee, a wing car, 59 Caddy Coupe DeVille, 67 Lemans, a Fargo or Sweptline pickup, a notchback Barracuda, and would love to put a 1st gen hemi in this, do up the drivetrain, but leave it looking like this:

DodgeRoyal2.jpg

Dude, that looks just like Christine. Just show it a little love and it'll fix itself. :snakeman: Actually, it looks meaner than Christine. The vertical bumperettes look like teeth.

Dude, that looks just like Christine. Just show it a little love and it'll fix itself. :snakeman: Actually, it looks meaner than Christine. The vertical bumperettes look like teeth.

LOL That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that pic too!

I guess it would be a Challenger T/A in Lime green with a white interior, with 50 miles on it, all the paperwork, and completely untouched and unmolested....

.....and no bugs on the grille.

(I don't like bugs)

I would send all my money to 70DartMike and bring that puppy home and do exactly what he said. That would be the coolest car in my little town, and I'd love to see the 5.0 crowd laugh till it hurts, then cry like a baby when their friends are laughing at them. That is one bad**s ride!!! Geof

Daily driver would be a Warlock P/U.
For road driving I'd want the new Challenger with upgrades.
For fun? 69 Dart w/full cage/front nose & susp. & back half done. Mega Block w/fi and sc.
Then if I wanted more, I would get one of the old Altereds w/blown hemi and wonder if I'd ever have enough nerve to run it all the way thru a quarter.
If I ever did do it, I might want a 6 cyc rambler to drive.

3406pk - I finally found the info you were looking for! Takes me quite a bit longer to do things since I took the stroke this past year. Hopefully I will be able to get back to working on the dart someday. Anyway, it is Time Machines (727) 869-9577
It has all tubular control arms, cradle, and steel reinforced framerail supports. The rear independant suspension package includes a Dana 44 center section, optional high performance Baer disc brakes, and coil over shocks. Here is a link to it on mopar muscle magazine...
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...auto_parts/may_2006_mopar_new_auto_parts.html

Hope this helps if you get a price let me know the cost. I probably cant afford it but I can always dream!
photo_14.html

-
Back