Barris Barracuda question...may have decklid?

-
I do like the Barris decklid a lot more than the Savage duck tail.

I do like the decklid and pretty much...if its valuable, I will sell it and use the money somewhere else on the car...if its not valuable, it will stay on the car and be a sweet conversation piece.

Jim 68cuda (Jim Colville) wrote this about two Barris Barracuda's in Virgina. The one restored is the one from Carlisle I showed above. And Jim says there's another being restored. So in this thread alone there are pictures or mention of 3 68's and 1 67.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969436893&postcount=1091

So it seems that only 4 kits made might not be accurate? Maybe that's not counting the white? 67 and red 68??

The 67 is excluded as it is a different design, the SXB. If you look close it does not have the hood scoops, side window scoops, and the rear spoiler covers the top of the quarters.

I believe the SXB was the first done by Barris and was an actual car you could order as opposed to mine that was a dealer installed kit.

If there are 3 68s accounted for as opposed to 2, that still leaves one unaccounted for which may have unfortunately met its demise in a Los Angeles junk yard :sad10:

Jim 68cuda (Jim Colville) wrote this about two Barris Barracuda's in Virgina. The one restored is the one from Carlisle I showed above. And Jim says there's another being restored. So in this thread alone there are pictures or mention of 3 68's and 1 67.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969436893&postcount=1091

So it seems that only 4 kits made might not be accurate? Maybe that's not counting the white? 67 and red 68??

The 67 is excluded as it is a different design, the SXB. If you look close it does not have the hood scoops, side window scoops, and the rear spoiler covers the top of the quarters.

I believe the SXB was the first done by Barris and was an actual car you could order as opposed to mine that was a dealer installed kit.

If there are 3 68s accounted for as opposed to 2, that still leaves one unaccounted for which may have unfortunately met its demise in a Los Angeles junk yard :sad10:

My brother just popped into Barris' shop a year ago with some of his friends from out of town and George was there. Pretty cordial guy. But I've heard sometimes not. But how some people's approach and tack can be very lacking.

Shop is about 7-10 miles tops from Spring Fling.

So i popped the trunk open and looks like though it was paint matched to my surf turquoise, it has what looks like B5 blue under it. There doesnt look to be any unusual holes and it looks as though the decklid skin was removed and a top layer was glassed to the original structure.
Since I dont know anything about these, I have no idea how it was made, etc.
I did send an email after calling Barris Studios and Im waiting for a reply.

There was a dark and medium blue in a 1968. That must be the color of the original car.

I am definately glad he nabbed the trunk instead of the fake side pipes haha
I really wish I knew what this thing was worth though. Id love to be able to sell it and use the money towards something mechanical.

I am definately glad he nabbed the trunk instead of the fake side pipes haha
I really wish I knew what this thing was worth though. Id love to be able to sell it and use the money towards something mechanical.

Well, maybe start a thread accepting offers for it? There is always eBay......

Very cool info here! If it were me, put it in the "trader" on here, that way you arent committed and can horse-trade for what you want??

very kool and interesting, i never heard of these kits,, and im sure i looked right at the restored cuda at carlisle,,,,

keith, what year was that pic at carlisle taken of corkys cuda?? ive gone every year since 1997, cant say i remember seeing the corky car,,,i some how know there was a running corky cuda in the pittsburg PA area a few years ago,,,maybe thats where the one pictured at carlisle was from,,and in the early 1980 i remember seeing one advertised in one of those thick auto exchange for sale books, the cuda was in texas,,,

i waited for years to get a copy of corky what a terrible movie, and i have the movie theater poster in my garage,,lol

either way worth or not worth,,,if real im sure some one would pay dearly for that trunk lid,,, if it were on my car, IDE BE KEEPING IT,,,

UPDATE
Unfortunately I was not rehired this semester so something needs to go
The Barracuda along with the decklid are now for sale along with my '28 Ford hot rod
Was really close to gettin her goin, just got my 727 for her
Hoping the '28 sells first so I can keep it

Contacted Barris Studios btw and apparently he doesnt remember doing these at all haha. Needless to say I couldnt get a verification haha

UPDATE
Unfortunately I was not rehired this semester so something needs to go
The Barracuda along with the decklid are now for sale along with my '28 Ford hot rod
Was really close to gettin her goin, just got my 727 for her
Hoping the '28 sells first so I can keep it

Contacted Barris Studios btw and apparently he doesnt remember doing these at all haha. Needless to say I couldnt get a verification haha

Are you going to bring it tommorrow to Fall Fling to sell it? All mopar swap meet with lots of buyer and cars for sale

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=250841

Show flyer:
[ame]http://www.cpwclub.com/wp-content/up...flyer-2013.pdf[/ame]

very kool and interesting, i never heard of these kits,, and im sure i looked right at the restored cuda at carlisle,,,,

keith, what year was that pic at carlisle taken of corkys cuda?? ive gone every year since 1997, cant say i remember seeing the corky car,,,i some how know there was a running corky cuda in the pittsburg PA area a few years ago,,,maybe thats where the one pictured at carlisle was from,,and in the early 1980 i remember seeing one advertised in one of those thick auto exchange for sale books, the cuda was in texas,,,

i waited for years to get a copy of corky what a terrible movie, and i have the movie theater poster in my garage,,lol

either way worth or not worth,,,if real im sure some one would pay dearly for that trunk lid,,, if it were on my car, IDE BE KEEPING IT,,,

Did you ever find that copy of CORKY? I used to have a pirated dvd copy of it and it's probably still stashed out at my farm somewhere. I might be able to dig it up.

Did you ever find that copy of CORKY? I used to have a pirated dvd copy of it and it's probably still stashed out at my farm somewhere. I might be able to dig it up.

yes i found a dvd of corky a few years ago,,it was made from a poor video tape all the years hunting for it,,after seeing it on TV when i was a kid,,,it is really a SUPER LOW budget movie,,not worth the hunt

sorry to hear you need to sell the cuda,,good luck hope some miracle happens to u,,and ur able to keep ur toys,,

Unfortunately I did not know the Fling was goin on til it was too late. Also, a guy was supposed to come pick it up over the weekend, but never showed. Also had a guy come look at the roadster but unfortunatley both cars are still in my driveway haha.

I sold my Challenger and jumped into a 68 Barracuda Fastback :smile:
The guy I purchased the car from tells me that it had been rear ended decades ago and the decklid was damaged so his dad went to a junkyard in Los Angeles to find a new one. He then described the donor car. What he described was a Barris kit. It had the hood scoops, scoops behind the quarter windows, and this deck lid on it. He didnt mention anything else like wheels or side pipes but im sure they would have been the first to go. He installed the decklid on to the Barracuda, had it paint matched, then let the car sit until his son sold it to me.

Could this be a real story? Did anyone make repros? if its fake what is it worth? If its real what is it worth?

I read up that apparently there were 4 kits made and two are known to still be around, I could be wrong.

Any info, opinions, knowledge would be awesome
I might have owned that car, if it was green. [email protected]

You can add another barris barracuda to the list. have one in my shop for complete restoration. owner tells me the sidepipes were torn off from hitting something which makes sense as mounting holes are in rockers. everything else there. has owned it since 1977. tells me it was done for dutch savage's father but have not confirmed that. claims he bought it from savage sr. who lived in seattle? any info on this? Numbers matching car but no original carb. need carb so it can be correct. decklid skin cut away to install spoiler. car was originally gold poly but painted flat black. is there any way to research this car?

-
Back