Bass Fishing tips wanted

-
Got this one on a Texas rigged worm in Florida over Xmas.

Attachments

• image-1311391879.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 116
dont like to drag a worm or gig i like to use a rapala crank bait or a spinner lure differant colors for differant waters try dirrerant speeds

Sometimes I get lazy and catch bream on a very small hair hook with a small piece of worm on light tackle.Then i hook the bream thru the tail an inch up from the tip with a 3/0 hook and use a large round float and no weight. Just cast out and drink beer till something big sucks the float under. I,ve caught some nice bass on bream. My preferred bait for catfish throw lines too.

I like to work the gill beds with a little red devil , small yellow jacket or a texas rigged rubber worm , just get out beyond the edge of the beds and twitch it a little on the way back in , usually gets the ones who are hiding on the edges looking for a stray to eat . I've had quite a few follow the hook darn near onto the shore , even if they don't bite the first time you can see em now and work around them with different presentations .

If you are fishing water that has Northerns in it I would be going for them. Nothing like hooking a 25 lb Northern on light weight gear and they are really good eating as long as you get the big ones to filet. I've caught some big ones on a simple big Daredevil spoon but most of the time when I used to fish for them it would be a 6 to 10" minnow or sucker hooked through the back so they stay alive with a big bobber about 6 to 8 foot up the line (use steel leaders). You may catch some of those pesky bass but at least they'll be big enough to have some fun with..

I love catching northerns. We go on vacation to the 1000 islands every year in NY and it loaded with them. Best freshwater eating fish. Just make sure you have those steel leaders, a few years ago I hooked into a musky and it cut through the steel leader.

What lake you fishing ?

Bull Lake in Arden Ontario nice lake.My son in law last year was catching maybe 2 pounders last year.From shore,he got on my nerves tho fish on he would say,he thought he was the river monster guy LMAO.

Daredevil has it.
and quite often Bass will not hit a moving worm unless they are aggressive.
let it sit on bottom near the structure..all you see is your line twitch or feel a tap
i usually two hand 'em right away or they suck it in and exhale right away and it's too late.
many different techniques...8 - 10 black plastic worm will catch bass when nothing else will,but if they are aggressive they'll hit anything.

Here are a couple of my favourite and successful lures I've used the last couple years. The Bladedancer by Berkley for both bass and pike and the lil yellow spinner (unknown make) for pike. The other I dont have here is a weedless rubber frog to chuck into the worst weeds possible.

Attachments

• Photo0460.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Photo0461.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 80
I used to a lot and still do use plastic worms some. But I started changing it up to lures. BIG ones. Any thing that spins and has a lot of bling to it. Have been going with some very big top lures with paddles on them. They hit hard on them and have even been breaching the water when they strike.

Attachments

• 528513_3720332565279_1957833099_n.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 66
The best way to catch bass,is to let someone else fish for em and go for salmon instead..that lady Cindy likes fish...GREAT catch..

The best way to catch bass,is to let someone else fish for em and go for salmon instead..that lady Cindy likes fish...GREAT catch..
Yep that thars some great fishin advice right der eh , of course you know he's fresh water fishing and I've never caught a Lake Salmon myself lol

Well had a blast camping for 4 days man it was hot even Cindy got in the water and she most of the time does not like water,as you can see Mopar in the cooler wanted to come, sorry cat no go.My sons gale was the fisher she was catching fish all day even caught her first small pike and for me a few small bass was all I could mustered up.Thanks for all the tips guys they help.

Attachments

• DSC00950.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00958.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00960.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00962.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00949.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00981.JPG