battery relocation

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good write up for a battery relocation? Or know of maybe any other forums that would have one?

Thanks for the help
Joe

If you plan on ever showing up at an NHRA track, you might want to get a copy of their rules and heed them. If you don't plan on a disconnect, I'd say

use the biggest cable you can find---welding cable will do, and be careful how you route it and use appropriate grommets and other abrasion protection

Either find an overboard vent system or buy a gel/ other "ventless" battery, make sure it's adequately fastened down.

Use a light ga. aluminum ground so you have a "fuse."

Make sure you add a BIG jumper from the block to the body for ground continuity

1 more thng, use a thick gromet when you run the cable through the body. Secure the cable well!

thanks rumblefish I will keep it in mind. Your always more than welcome to come over and supervise, i have cold beer in the fridge!

LOL, Hell, I've been trying to get your *** up here or for a meet. (Though this also applies to most of the Island guys as well. ;) )

Skip the beer and order me up half a "Little Vinny's" pie with pep and I'll be happy as a flounder thrown back in the water.

-
Back