Battling overheating new 360 build

-
I think you need to humor everyone and hook the heater core back up #1. You aren't only losing cooling from the mini-radiator that is the basic principle of what a heater core is, you're dumping it right back into the engine.

That would have been the easiest thing to try vs throwing all those parts at it.

Also how does it run and drive? Does it feel low on power?

Whats the story on the carb? I havent scoured every detail but is it possibly running lean? Attributing to the problem at cruise.

I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to temporarily connect a ground line from the sensor to the battery negative using a wire with alligator clips. This way you can drive around to see if it makes a difference or get it up to a stable temperature in the driveway and connect the wire to battery negative to see if the temp gauge changes????

I think you need to humor everyone and hook the heater core back up #1. You aren't only losing cooling from the mini-radiator that is the basic principle of what a heater core is, you're dumping it right back into the engine.

That would have been the easiest thing to try vs throwing all those parts at it.

Also how does it run and drive? Does it feel low on power?

Whats the story on the carb? I havent scoured every detail but is it possibly running lean? Attributing to the problem at cruise.

Issue was solved with proper grounding

Proper grounding dropped your temp 40deg ?
Something isn't jiving hear.
What’s not jiving? Sender was sending skewed readings because it was improperly grounded. Car wasn’t boiling over, wasn’t overheating the entire time.

What ground or grounds did you atribute the problem to ?
The sender should automatically ground to the intake.

What ground or grounds did you atribute the problem to ?
The sender should automatically ground to the intake.

Motor wasn’t properly chassis grounded. Once I added a ground from motor to chassis, battery negative to chassis, and motor to battery negative, everything worked fine. Resistance related I’d imagine

Turns out my cooling system ran exceptionally well lol

Having a similar problem with my car was wondering if this ever happened to anyone and if it did what steps can I take to diagnose this so I also have a recently rebuilt 360 in a 69 Dodge Dart isles fine but for some reason can’t seem to stop overheating I thought it was the thermostat so I decided to take the thermostat off since I’m probably only using the car for the summer anyway but even with that it still manages to over heat when I start revving the car to 2000 rpms or when I start driving

This stuff is not rocket science! Other wise call Elon!

-
Back