bazooka sub

-

bayyum

Reaction score
could i fit a bazooka sub into my 1991 f150 behind the seat? im looking at getting one for temporary use. this is my decision, i know its not the greatest sub out there, but i have a tiny budget

Whats the diameter of the bazooka? I'd measure it and then find a similar chunk of black pcv pipe. Then you can trial fit without buying.

I am thinking you can get one in there easily.

however, I am thinking you will not be very satisfied.....for the money maybe.....but its not going to sound the greatest.

I have a 97 f150 short bed reg cab (blow engine right now).

but I had a custom ported box from my local sound shop here ( Mr. Tunes ) with a pioneer 10" subwoofer and an orien 800w amp and it sounds like it has two 12's in it!

you can get out of it cheap if you spend just a little extra on the "right box".

to have a good box made ....you might be looking at $75.00 then go to walmart and pick up a 10" pioneer sub for $50 and a pioneer amp for $70 and you will have a total invested of just under $200.00

you could do it a little cheaper yet if you got a smaller amp (or off brand walmart amp ) (lightning audio or whatever the other brand they carry is) and you could bridge the amp to put out plent7 of power. ( I think they might carry a $25.00 amp but not sure).

also, you would be surprised at the great deals you can find on high dollar stuff if you go to pawn shops...always tons of car audio related stuff.

sounds expensive yeah....I guess my point is.....when it comes to stereos....it either sounds good or it does not, so why not invest the money on a better end result rather than spend it now to "get you by".

sorry for the big story lol....just mentioning other stuff to maybe give some options is all.

They have 3 different sizes/diameters, I have two of the 6.5s behind the seat in my PU and didnt have to slide it forward, that was my plan and they arent the best around. I bought two built in 100 watt amp bazookas and so far one had crapped out but got two for the price of one so still not a good deal.

thanks guys, but i cant get a cd deck and a bazooka sub for just over 200 $
so thats why i was thinking, and later on put 2 10's in, but thats when i have enough money to do so

How about wait uintil a better deal comes along? Can you buy just the deck? If you really like the deck ( I have a weakness for Alpine myself) and you can buy just it,why not? It'll help you with a head start for $$ towards real subs. You may be kicking yourself for buying those bazooka's in the near future.My gm pickup has a box and sub/amp under the back seat that looks to be cheap sony/walmart stuff but it sounds o.k for a single 8" sub

I have a Blaupunkt thb210A that I got for my Jeep. I took it out when I sold it. Google it. If it looks like sumthin you can use, you can have it right.

Some of those blank marine cd players are nice.

200 for a cd player and a bazooka sub sound kind of high unless it's a real nice head unit.

eBay and craigslist always have great deals on nice decks though..... I would hold out for a better deal. Heck.... Around here guys sell there hole systems.... Subs,box,amp,wiring and head unit for $150-200 all the time on craigslist!

Wait it out I say, but it's up to you. Look into strokers offer too.

I have a JL Audio sub, and it fit behind the seat of my old Ranger. It is a half moon shape with the sub mounted on the flat side. Fired into the opening between the seats.

I agree with dusterdude. Wait it out or take Rob up on his offer! I can guarantee whatever he sends will be good stuff. I just got the torker intake he sent yesterday. It's a primo piece,no stripped threads,never been hogged out,cut ,ground or anything.

I agree with dusterdude. Wait it out or take Rob up on his offer! I can guarantee whatever he sends will be good stuff. I just got the torker intake he sent yesterday. It's a primo piece,no stripped threads,never been hogged out,cut ,ground or anything.
I agree with this. Also, check at the local Pwn marts and all that. Getting a head unit is normally pretty easy though, Check CL and im sure you can find one. My buddy got a badass Kenwood once in a pull-a-part for $20, but that was shear luck.

Mike if you are going to do this plan the system from the inside out. If you are needing a Cd Player, amp, woofer and wiring(matter of fact this is the MOST important part of your system hands down your system is only as good as the wiring and install). Are you looking for good rythem to the music thump or window rattleing, door shaking thump? Stay away from Wal-Mart (they stock alot of B Stock units). Shop your local craigslist for deals of things BUT MAKE DAMN SURE IT WORKS BEFORE YOU BUY. The more power and watts you run the more expensive the wiring gets. Also when shoping for a sub dont just look at the WATTS rating. Look for the OHM rating, Sensitivity, and xmax. Remember once you have your sub bought now buy your amp. Make sure the amp you buy does the OHM load rating you need this based on the subwoofer and how you wire them and puts out atleast half the rated power of the sub in RMS not Peak. You have just as good of a chance to blow a sub if you underpower it. There are a handful of companies to stay away from just shop ebay you will see most of them.

Figure $100-150 for a nice CD Player (If you cant get one used or free)
$50-100 per sub for a decent one not a junk brand.
$150+ for a good amp (Could be had for less if you shop smart)
$50 atleast in wiring, connectors, fuse links/blocks.

Enclosure is Important. A good TUNED box is worth its weight in gold. Figure this on what kind of music you listen to. Ported and sealed are the options but taylor it to your music of choice.

I have several calculators that make box building EASY right down to the lenght of each cut you need and how to assemble. Make it out of atleast 3/4 MDF about $20 per 4x8 sheet. xx

Any questions to installs or what to or what not to buy PM me Id be happy to help

Used to build some high end car audio back in the day. I found the Bazooka good for one thing. The trash can. Save up a little more and do yourself a favor and buy something better. (Yep the Duster used to have great sound....it still does... just not from any speakers !)

-RPM

Ok Mike I did some homework. This is good quality and for under $400. This is matched for good sound with a budget in mind. You will want to wire your Subs in a 2 OHM load to the amp.

X2 Kicker C104 (10C104) 54.99 sonic electronics
KICKER ZX Series ZX400.1 Amplifier $149 Amazon.com
Power Acoustik AKIT8G 8AWG Amp Wiring Kit $20 online

JVC KD-HDR60 USB/CD Receiver w/ Built-In HD Radio Tuner and iTunes Tagging, USB 2.0 for iPod/iPhone, and Bluetooth/Satellite Radio add-on capability About $100 online give or take.

The sound quality here will be great. Not to mention hooked up correct and not beat on it will last you along time.

Attachments

• 2ohm wiring.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 145
my dad just sold me a head unit from one of the vehicles we got from impounding (our towing company, the car was a nissan pathfinder) so im just in search of an amp and maybe a sub. ill check the other cars in the lot tomorrow at work..

my dad just sold me a head unit from one of the vehicles we got from impounding (our towing company, the car was a nissan pathfinder) so im just in search of an amp and maybe a sub. ill check the other cars in the lot tomorrow at work..

He SOLD it to you? Really?:angry7:

I get being a business man but cmon,family is family...

Mike these things have to work together. You cant just buy things and expect it to work right. Trust me on this. What was the Headunit you bought? Does it atleast have Pre-amp outputs?

Damn, I thought this was a food thread.

HAHA MVRCorp. and im not sure. im taking it out tomorrow. it might already have a sub in it.. i only paid 10 bucks..

I must have born too long ago.....dont bazooka's shoot rockets or somethin'?
I wish I could just find a blaupunkt am/fm from 1973.......

I had a Blaupunct radio once with a small amp and 2 6x9,s.Sounded pretty dam good for what is was.:read2:

-
Back