Bb bell houseing question

-

rog_allen

Reaction score
Anyone know it the 11 inch cast belhouseing from a bb 69 roadrunner will work in a body ? 67 dart

Yes, it will fit. We have the 69 440 bell in my son's Dart. The trans tunnel did not need any mods, BUT the 440 bell (and probably the 383) have a problem that needs to be solved. There is only one ball-stud hole on the side of the bell and it is not in the proper location for the A-body z-bar. The z-bar can be moved rearward, which also allows for more exhaust clearance or a special bracket must be fabricated. Keep in mind that one end of the z-bar must be able to be unbolted and slid out of the way.

The a-body bell has special boses on the side to bolt a bracket with a ball for the z bar.

Sheeewooo !!! Thanks guys !! That scared me .. I have alot of money invested in the new extternal balanced flywheel and clutch and all :)

./.............so then does ur crank have the pilot hole 4 the input shaft.........kim.....

Hi Kim.. no my luck ..crank not drilled had to order this bearing that presses into were the torqe converter nipple goes , then cut some off
on the input shaft on tranny PILOT ROLLER BEARING/ADAPTER

The a-body bell has special boses on the side to bolt a bracket with a ball for the z bar.

The aluminum 513 bell used in 70 and up a pretty much exact copy of the 372 (370??) cast iron bell used in the BB a bodies so if he had that the bracket they use would bolt right up.

-
Back