BB Headers

-
383 or 440? they will fit with a 440 on the passenger side only. they should fit on both side with a 383

The headmans are what you want, I have pics of them installed when you get yours, they need a few dings so the motor/tranny will have to be installed a few times to do it right and not ding too far.
Jr.

As log as you dont mind a smaller tube header. IMHO they are better than manifolds,but still restrictive to any kind of worked head.

If I can run 11.50's with Schumacher's,you can run Headmans into the 11's also.

I have no idea what brand they are, as I didn't buy them new. If I post a pic of them here would you be able to tell what brand they are or do they have any markings on them that I should look for?

Thats it?lol...

10's are my game...

With schumakers? all motor? Easy, just cork a big motor with them done. those 11.50s were all motor in a heavy car with the schumakers. The hedmans woulnd't be a cork til your going pretty fast. Im just finishing this up(you know when you got a certain et you have to have one of those tranny shields ours is kevlar.)
[ame="http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt177/Gearjammer50/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=0324001059.jpg"]Mobile Uploads :: 0324001059.jpg picture by Gearjammer50 - Photobucket[/ame]

I bet I could get a 10sec pass on pump gas(allready done it with the ttis easily) with this motor and schumaker tri ys,would be choking it but the headers that r on it are a little big to be ideal(2in TTIs) Must be some weird voodoo thinking a 383 wont run with an 1 3/4 primary header(hedman I just went and measured a set we have hangin on the wall) even up around 500hp no sweat. And the dinging needed is minimal if you check it alot as you go.
Good luck,
Jr.

Here is the pic of the headers, I found a number on them "78030" which appears to be Headman headers???
Will these fit with Power Steering also?

Headman 78030.jpg

No power steering and the drivers side still requires some adjusting before it will clear everything. '73 up steering linkage will help too. Pull the steering column and torsion bar to install.

Thanks for all the help guys, passenger side went in quite easy after I took out the torsion bar. Drivers side I will have to do what you say.
1) remove steering column
2) remove torsion bar
3) have a hammer ready! LOL
I have a few last questions.......do you mean 73 and up Pitman arm?

Yes '73 up centerlink, pitman and idler arms. They will clear the oil pan better too.

-
Back