BB issues

-

kegr2010

Reaction score
I have been told a couple of things recently and would like to get some facts. Question 1. Has anyone ever had issues with shock towers cracking due to having a big block.

Question 2. I have a 73 up spool mount K. Can you use a 400 with 76 Cordoba motor mounts. If so are there any issues to be aware of? Thanks guys.

I have been told a couple of things recently and would like to get some facts. Question 1. Has anyone ever had issues with shock towers cracking due to having a big block.

Question 2. I have a 73 up spool mount K. Can you use a 400 with 76 Cordoba motor mounts. If so are there any issues to be aware of? Thanks guys.
1) Never seen that in my life. Been messin with cars since 1974. Not that that means a damn thing.

2) @Jim Lusk is your guy here. He can tell you what's up with the mounts and what will work with what. Super good dude. I tagged him, so he'll chime in.

There is a company that make fire wall to shock tower brace for under the fender well. I believe it was US car tool

Is that for a stock setup, or for running coil overs?
i have them on my valiant with the T-bars still installed. i modded them a little to make sure the shock body would clear under full compression. still plenty of meat left. if you wanted to, you could run shorter shocks that use a through bolt for the top mount, and bolt them up like coilovers do.

2.JPG

3.JPG

1.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

-
Back