-
Status
Not open for further replies.

easymotorspo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the piece that clips to the top of the two barrel carb, and looks like a bolt sticking through facing up. I do not need the whole carburetor. Must be willing to mail to me at my expense. PayPal account a plus. Thanks, Erick

PS: this is on a 170/6

Last edited:
You will need to post a photo of the carb and air cleaner since this is not a stock setup.

836F2E50-E87D-43D7-BA66-906526C4F0A3.jpeg
3E445698-E6A6-40B5-8E11-2E6E040817F0.png
You will need to post a photo of the carb and air cleaner since this is not a stock setup.
What do you mean? It’s not custom, it’s a factory piece off a slant six super six package. This is a stock setup for a Slant Six.

Initially you said it was a 170 with a 2bbl. They never made that combination. The first year for a 2bbl on a slant 6 was 1978, and that was a 225 engine. The photo you just posted is a 1bbl carb from a '67-early '70 engine. What's wrong with the bail that's on it now?

Initially you said it was a 170 with a 2bbl. They never made that combination. The first year for a 2bbl on a slant 6 was 1978, and that was a 225 engine. The photo you just posted is a 1bbl carb from a '67-early '70 engine. What's wrong with the bail that's on it now?
I realize the 170 was never super six equipment. I also know that the super six intake, carb, linkage (everything) will transfer over to the 170. I guess it is custom as you say, but with all factory parts.
D2731C53-E3BC-49E4-AE9A-53C88B377629.jpeg
9403D7AB-7E7D-4B26-97B5-B583972FE8BB.jpeg
The bail off a one barrel will not fit a carter bbd 2 barrel.

I realize the 170 was never super six equipment. I also know that the super six intake, carb, linkage (everything) will transfer over to the 170. I guess it is custom as you say, but with all factory parts. View attachment 1715608930 View attachment 1715608931 The bail off a one barrel will not fit a carter bbd 2 barrel.
My factory Carter BBD 2 Barrel Carb (Rebuilt) vs Carter 1 barrel on car now.
677FB7A6-EBCB-482D-B2CE-9390BBBE1A92.jpeg
2E214DAF-49F3-4CAC-9D74-4B1827CD6C78.jpeg

That's why I asked for photos so we can know what the heck you're working with. What air cleaner are you going to use. Not all of those bails had the same height stud.

That's why I asked for photos so we can know what the heck you're working with. What air cleaner are you going to use. Not all of those bails had the same height stud.
I just want a stock one.....as stated numerous times, for a Carter BBD 2 barrel, also as pictured in the two pictures with blue intake. If someone who has one would like exact measurements I can use my digital calipers and give exact size. I can tell that a 1 barrel, as previously stated will not work. Cudamark do you happen to have one, know that we have whittled it down to exactly which one I need?

I just want a stock one.....as stated numerous times, for a Carter BBD 2 barrel, also as pictured in the two pictures with blue intake. If someone who has one would like exact measurements I can use my digital calipers and give exact size. I can tell that a 1 barrel, as previously stated will not work. Cudamark do you happen to have one, know that we have whittled it down to exactly which one I need?
I'll look, but, I think I've sold all my BBD's of that type. I know I have the throttle cable bracket and an electric assist choke for a 2bbl slant 6, but, not sure about anything else. I'll look tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back