BBD > TQ mounting/linkage issues?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
As the moment of truth draws nearer and I await my cylinder heads in the mail, I am wondering if the stock linkage for my 318 2-bbl. will work with the ThermoQuad I plan to put on my engine. Will I be able to bend or otherwise modify the stock 2-bbl. brackets to work with the engine, or will I have to get an adapter kit? BTW it is an automatic car so I have to worry about the kickdown linkage too.

Anybody? I know plenty of people on here have swapped to 4-bbl.'s on their 318s.

2bbl linkage to a 4bbl carb, in this case, a AVS, just make sure the rear area where the kick down rod comes up from the tranny is not leaning foward and that the shift point is very close to where it is now.

The bolt, washer and NYLON LOCK NUT were used here, but you can also use a regular nut and lock washer. Move this foward enuff so the carbs arm contacts it and dosen't move it early on in the throttle operation.

The cotter, er saftey looking clip is there for pictures only. (Last picture)

100_1023.JPG

100_1022.JPG

100_1021.JPG

100_1020.JPG

Well, got the intake and carb on for mock-up of the linkage and I might be able to get the kickdown linkage to work but I don't know how to make the throttle cable work. I bent the mount for it as much as I could and it might work but now it gets in the way of the kickdown linkage. Any suggestions?

-
Back